European cars- Dave G -any good experiences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! Just put a dep down pending a ppi on an 06 with 100k miles.

Has anyone had a good experience? Or been by their shop? I’m out of state, am paying a premium for what looks to be a pretty nice truck (have undercarriage pics, lots of undercoat, but nothing alarming) was converted to coils and shocks due to ahc issues. Although Dave has been great so far, Have read some not so great reviews and am worried now.

Thanks!

The reviews seem legit. There was at least one lengthy thread here, search for it. The gist of it was that the photos are (minimally) exceedingly flattering, and (possibly) doctored. All the trucks are essentially polished turds, and not what they seem from the photos.

Hopefully your PPI comes through with an honest report. I assume they were not recommended by European Cars?

At the end of the day, trust your gut. These trucks are pretty darn hard to find. How is it possible one used car dealership has a plethora of them at all times, and they all look pretty darn good, and their pricing is not terrible? Something is amiss.

Please follow up with the results of the PPI! I don't have a dog in this fight, but I had looked at a lot of their trucks on eBay before I found my 80.

Failed a PPI at Toyota, Toyota recommended 8 not drive it back to NC for safety reasons. lol….. They fought me on taking it there, but ultimately agreed. (When I told them I wanted a ppi, they assumed it would be me flying in and checking it out myself) Dave was pleasant to work with, and refunded my dep. ultimately bought a 100 from a fellow mud member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom