Builds European BJ42 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Geez how much did that body and paint resto run ya?

Way to much;p
But it is really hard to compare. In Denmark the labor is pretty expensive, but the wages are also higher comparing to the States.

Blasting and zinc coating frame: $807
Blasting and zinc coating body: $1928
Painting body: $2938
Line-X body and fueltank: $2204

Finally got to bend and weld a roll-bar. Just waiting to get it back from paint shop.

Original it was planned as a racer and should have had a 6 point cave in it. But it has turned out mutch to nice to have it scatced up on the trails. So it will be a sunday driver instead.
To keep me from using it offroad I have bought myself a old banged RRC to demolish in the gravel pits;)

3. june 2014 WILL be the day where I drive it to inspection and get it registred.
Next pictures posting will be with licenseplates :bounce2:

bur1_1.jpg
bur2_1.jpg
bur3_1.jpg

FINALLY:bounce:

It got registred and got licenseplates.

It took 3 years, 7 months and 6 days.
It did cost an awfull lot of money and my marriage.
Was it worth it? Sure!!
Would I do it again? No way!!!

Rollbar got painted and new seatbelts.
Just got to refurbish the AS-1000 winch to put in front and do something about the color of the bullbar.

plader.jpg

Beautiful! Nice color.

Can you help me get in touch with christian weiss for one of those tailgates? He is not responding to emails.

I have just got of the phone, talking to Christian Weiss. He speaks English.
It turns out that he forwards every request he get from outside Europe to a dealer that is supposed to handle the shipping.
But apparently the dealer is not much interested in doing business.

I will try to figure out how much it cost shipping it from Denmark to Texas, then I will let you know.

Thank you so much. Can you sit and stand on the tailgate? Can two people sit on the tailgate? If not, I will probably make it into a swing out

I can sit on the tailgate, it feels very sturdy.
haven't tried 2 people.
I got the shipping quote from Denmark to Texas. It will be aprox 130$
Tailgate is €178 = $242
Shipping from Germany to Denmark is €18 = $24
So I guess a total of $390 with shipping

Last edited:
Congratulations Henrik! Both on turning 40 and the tattoo

bumper
your truck is accented with flat black, i would repaint it that and call it a day.
nice job, congrats

Way to much;p
But it is really hard to compare. In Denmark the labor is pretty expensive, but the wages are also higher comparing to the States.

Blasting and zinc coating frame: $807
Blasting and zinc coating body: $1928
Painting body: $2938
Line-X body and fueltank: $2204
nope, not way too much. that is what decent work will cost.
cheap paint job and you will regret it in a few years when you have to do it all again.

you are right, the whole idea was to not having to deal with rust issues for the next many years.
And now it is done and the bills are paid so who cares ;)
Just sitting inside the workshop while there is salt on the danish roads won't make it rust i am sure.
Next project is building a separate garage so I don't have to remove layers of dust every time I want to go for a ride in the sun.

Not being driving in the BJ every week it tends to build up dust on the paintwork.
So now it will have its very own garage.

insulated floor, walls and roof, will be heated and dehumidified in the winter, dehumidified in the summer.
DSC_0691.jpg
DSC_0694.jpg
DSC_0780.jpg
DSC_0814.jpg

Hey, come on now, you're already storing junk in garage and it's not even finished yet.
The neighbor came by with cakes, so had to get the chairs to have a little "house warming" :)
But else it is only building materials for the garage itself.

When it is finish it will be solely for the BJ42 and maybe my old Honda CB400Four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom