For Sale Europe LHD 1992 KZJ 73 Fully Restored, will assist shipping overseas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
White
LHD LJ73 turned KZJ73
This is originally an LJ73 from France, but the engine was swapped for a 1-KZT (full mechanical inj. pump), it was completely restored and has very low mileage ever since, less than 5.000 km or 3.000 mi.
It's running great and it's absolutely rust free.

You can check the build thread here: Rejuvenation Treatment for Old Girl LJ73 / build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rejuvenation-treatment-for-old-girl-lj73-build.1107845/
  • ARB Lockers front and rear,
  • 1KZ-T engine (3 liter, turbocharged, mechanical fuel injection)
  • R151F 5 speed manual transmission with manual part time t/case
  • Tough Dog +2" suspension
  • 255 85R16 BFG MT
  • Original Aircondition in full working order
  • Truck Lite LED headlights (old halogen lamps also available)
  • FRP top and fuel tank are Line-X coated
  • Drawer system, air compressor with buffer tank, seat heating, power windows, central lock, JBL sound system, etc.

FINAL selling price is 25.000 EURO, non negotiable. For this price, the car is available in Bucharest / Romania.

It is registered as a 2 seater comercial van (fourgon in French or LKW in German). The 1-KZT engine is registered within the ownership title. Valid technical inspection trough 06.2022

Will assist the buyer in shipping the car on a trailer anywhere in Europe including major RORO ports like Zeebrugge or Bremerhaven.
Can arrange via a Custom Agent, RORO or container shipping to US/Canada as well.
Shipping services not included in the price. For more details you can PM, call or what's app at +40 (0)731 491 725.

The pictures below are taken recently:

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.22.06 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.22.03 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.21.56.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.21.58.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.22.01.jpeg

Last edited:
A little respect for the OP this is a for sale thread no ?

Anyway, I will ask a friend of mine from NY to check with the customs authority at Newark vehicle terminal, if this import to the US could be done, given the existing engine swap situation and the existing documents. Will come back with further information, as soon as I'll get some.

As promised I am coming back with some information I got from my friend in NY. Actually this is more like an opinion, following a discussion he had with a custom agent from around the port. There is no official resolution on that, it's just the opinion of this custom agent.
Apparently chances are high that an engine swap will be flagged if this is something obvious, like a Land Cruiser with a Chrysler engine or something similar. Normally the customs will check the documents of the vehicle and the vehicle itself. So they will check if the serial numbers that appear on the vehicle correspond with the serial numbers from the documents. Anyway, if they do so, they will find nothing wrong because the serial numbers will match, as the engine is registered and appears within the ownership title.
So unless this is an obvious engine swap or the vehicle would arrive in customs pre-flagged as an engine swap, and the documents match the vehicle, in 99,9% of the cases, it should not be a problem.
The custom agent mentioned also another way of importing this - if the body and the engine would be imported as separate items. But I am not sure if this makes any sense for anyone interested about this truck.

Checked this out today. Very nice rig.
Andrei is the best and great hospitality. I got way more than I anticipated. Great experience. I learned a ton about Romania and its history. 👍🏻

I'll give the guy who sent me here the details first, obviously. If he passes, I'll post it up here.

Tony Did the Heat and AC work well in this Cruiser??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom