Eureka Ignite propane camp stove (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
Threads
Is any one using one of these. I read up on propane stoves, because I wanted to replace my old Coleman 2 burner 413E that's served me well, but aging. I've been experiencing a lack of control of the flame intensity and heat control, which I'm sure can be at least part way cured with a rebuild. I've wanted to switch to propane for some time now, but have heard that even the new Coleman propane stoves suffer the same flaw - lack of control. You either get almost full flame or none at all. The reviews I read on this stove rave about how much better they are for temp control. REI was having a 20% off sale, so I ordered me one and just received this stove. Can't wait to try it out!

IMG_1363a.JPG

I'm a huge white gas/vintage Coleman fan but that looks pretty cool. Nice vintage color. Small, light and especially looks very easy to clean up the inevitable spills and bacon grease. How old a I getting that I worry about how hard it is to clean a stove!

Let us know how it performs.

Tested with small 1 lb. bottle and extension hose to my 11 lb. tank. I already like the range of flame on both burners. Although, the regulator to stove connection seems a bit fragile. Sure hope that is not the "achilles heel". I like the smaller size, compared to my old Coleman. But, I'm just cooking for me, not a family.
Edit: Also, I'll be transporting it in the box it came in. At least initially. The knobs and light button hang out and look to be a breakage hazard. We'll see how long that lasts.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
If it breaks just get a Partner. While expensive yes, it solves all the issues you’ve mentioned.
After googling Partner, it was eye opening the range of stoves and cooking accessories they have. And pretty much local. A good site to bookmark. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have an exact cousin to that...real workhorse. It's about 6 yeards old now, and the only issue so far was the brass neck that goes between the stove and bottle started leaking......I found a similar neck on a camp stove on Craigslist for $10....problem solved.

I have an exact cousin to that...real workhorse. It's about 6 yeards old now, and the only issue so far was the brass neck that goes between the stove and bottle started leaking......I found a similar neck on a camp stove on Craigslist for $10....problem solved.
Yeah, that's the regulator on this stove. That kinda tells me it's a weak spot and to handle it gently. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for your input!

Partner stove was mentioned and I had a question on that unit. I've seen these stoves in operation and they sound like a flame thrower while in operation. I'm curious, does this mean that they're going through more fuel than the typical propane stoves? I am aware of the Partner units using different pressure than their propane cousins, so perhaps this is the reason? Anyway, just curious, that's all!

Partner stove was mentioned and I had a question on that unit. I've seen these stoves in operation and they sound like a flame thrower while in operation. I'm curious, does this mean that they're going through more fuel than the typical propane stoves? I am aware of the Partner units using different pressure than their propane cousins, so perhaps this is the reason? Anyway, just curious, that's all!

I have not noticed an excessive consumption rate with mine. My old stove was white gas so its not like I can directly compare. I generally bring a small 5lb tank. Never have run out on any trip to date.

Well the one and only trip I've managed during this lockdown was a 3 days/2 nights off road jaunt and the stove itself worked flawlessly. However, even though smaller and more compact than my Coleman, it still takes up considerable counter space. So I'll be attempting to fab up an under the counter pull out tray that will also house the stove while on the road.

Existing spot on counter:
IMG_1469a.JPG

Partner does make a blaster stove, that's a single burner on a stand for heating water. It sounds like a jet engine, and burns through a ton of gas since it's like 120,000 BTUs or something crazy like that. Their normal cook partner stoves use a pretty typical amount of gas. My only negative thought on the cook partners is the lack of flame control on the low end of the range. I have trouble getting a gentle summer, or cooking pancakes etc. They're super robust though.

If you're wanting to compare fuel consumption, look at the BTU ratings for a direct measurement of the rate of fuel usage.

I have found, after 14 years of using a Partner Steel Cook Partner stove, they are relatively efficient regarding propane usage. My only wish: They had a dual ring or similar burner for better flame throw on small/large pans/pots and a little more fine control for simmer.

I have the 22" and although it has been my favorite CP stove of all I've owned (16", 18" and the large 3-burner) when using a rectangular griddle it sure would be nice to have a 3rd burner in the middle and/or larger flame spread from the two burners. A third middle burner would also be more suitable when using the Coleman folding oven.

I have found, after 14 years of using a Partner Steel Cook Partner stove, they are relatively efficient regarding propane usage. My only wish: They had a dual ring or similar burner for better flame throw on small/large pans/pots and a little more fine control for simmer.

I have the 22" and although it has been my favorite CP stove of all I've owned (16", 18" and the large 3-burner) when using a rectangular griddle it sure would be nice to have a 3rd burner in the middle and/or larger flame spread from the two burners. A third middle burner would also be more suitable when using the Coleman folding oven.

Won't Partner build custom configurations? I wish they'd use magnets for the wind guard. I have to clothes pin mine in place.

.......................My only negative thought on the cook partners is the lack of flame control on the low end of the range. I have trouble getting a gentle summer, or cooking pancakes etc. ..............................
I had the same problem with my Coleman and now, with my Tembo Tusk Skottle. That's where this little stove shines. It'll boil water fairly quickly, but it'll also just keep something warm, if you need to. It has a greater range of heat than any camping stove I've used.

Won't Partner build custom configurations? I wish they'd use magnets for the wind guard. I have to clothes pin mine in place.

Not that I’m aware of. Someone on EP used rubber tubing on the CP windscreen rids to hold tight even in wind. I went a different route...but his idea is simple, quick & effective.

Well my worries for this stove getting damaged while bouncing around on trails have been cut down to size. Also gained back valuble counter space. Pics explain:

For cooking:
IMG_1490a.JPG

And a secure spot - folded up and retracted for traveling:
IMG_1492a.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom