Eugene Addresses Email List Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Eugene sent the following message out to the CLCC list a few days ago.

G'day CLCC members and subscribers. Our club email list has been problematic since we changed ISP's back around October. Basically the ISP change did not go well and I configured an email distribution group to bridge the gap between our initial move to the new ISP and when our ListServer was configured.

Earlier this week I contacted Charles Carroll about the lack of ListServer services for CLCC.ORG. Charles is the person that has provided and financed the CLCC's web hosting, email hosting, and ListServer services since Jim Egenreider turned over thse things to me quite a few years ago.

This week the pressure has been firmly applied to our ISP to get our ListServer configured and working. I have been in contact with Charles every day and I have been CC'd on the pertinent emails. Alas the ISP has encountered some legitimate technical problems: I will spare you ALL of he details and simply state that I believe that our new ListServer will be up and running within the week.

"Listserver" software is distinct from an email list in the following ways:
*. can be configured to anly allow "members" to send messages to the List.
* can be configured to allow members to suscribe and unsubscribe themselves with or without human intervention.
* can be configured to require moderation (someone personally OK's messages prior to the messages being delivered to the List).
* can be configured to require "new" subscribers messages to be moderated until the moderator grants them permission submit messages to the List without moderation.
* can be configured to limit the maximum message size (block large attachments and embedded-files).

`Nuff said about this for the moment.

I will take care of the final configuration of te ListServer ASAP.

Regards
-- Eugene

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom