Ethanol free ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a local gas station that has ethanol free gasoline
Is this a better option for my 92 cruiser or just running higher octane fuel

The ethanol free isn't an outrageous price just a little out of the way for me

But if it is better for my vehicle over time is it worth it?

I bought my cruiser in 92 and it has 105k very "babied" miles and runs great and I want to keep it that way

It has been proven Ethanol reduces the effectiveness of the fuel from 20-30% and it is harder on everything rubber, some how some con's have sold this crap to our government even though the pollution it takes to make and use it is not a positive out come and just plain stupid

My 3fe definitely gets better mpg's on 85 compared to 91 octane

It has been proven Ethanol reduces the effectiveness of the fuel from 20-30% and it is harder on everything rubber, some how some con's have sold this crap to our government even though the pollution it takes to make and use it is not a positive out come and just plain stupid

You are correct. It requires more diesel energy than is returned with ethanol from corn.

Ethanol is great for drag racing but not for daily drivers. Using corn for fuel is an energy loss and is just a political subsidy for the corn industry while also driving up the cost for food.

This is right out of my owner's Manual. Fuel Type Select research Octane 91 ( Octane rating 87 ) or higher.
To me this means use 91 if possible & nothing less then 87
I asked my wife read this and tell me what it means,those are her words in the last sentence. And I concurView attachment 2060777
The Research Octane Number 91 is not what we have in the United States. It would be equal to Octane 87 which is why it is written in the manual like that. There are many ways to rate Octane. In the United States, we use the average of Research Octane Number (RON) and Motor Octane Number (MON) R+M/2 and that is what is listed on the pump. Octane Rating 87 would be the minimum referenced in the manual. Using 91 won't hurt your truck though.

Bottom line is you should use what works best for you. In my newer cars I only use 87octane because 91 octane dose not help, but in the old Cruiser with 277k on it I can tell the difference.

By the way welcome to MUD
Thanks
I have been reading the threads when I needed info for awhile but just recently joined

The Research Octane Number 91 is not what we have in the United States. It would be equal to Octane 87 which is why it is written in the manual like that. There are many ways to rate Octane. In the United States, we use the average of Research Octane Number (RON) and Motor Octane Number (MON) R+M/2 and that is what is listed on the pump. Octane Rating 87 would be the minimum referenced in the manual. Using 91 won't hurt your truck though.
Thanks
By the way I think you chose the best color for your cruiser 😜

Cylinder 1 a month after purchase and then couple months later I switched to ethanol. So after 2 years or so of ethanol free gas... Seems be cleaner.

170925_183556.jpg

20-07-26 10_00_26.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom