This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Hello all,

After a 8 month hunt for a 100 I found the right one for my needs and the price/barter was extremely fair. It has been well maintained with good records. For an 17 year old vehicle I score the interior a 8.5/9 out of 10 and the exterior around a 7.5 out of 10.

1998 Jade Mica with dark grey interior and 171k on the clock. Timing belt and water pump were replaced at 166K, new Cooper tires 265 75 16 at 179K. There are a few items that I know need some attention and will get to them in short order. Overall this is the nicest cruiser I've ever owned. Ride is nice, no wind noise, EXTREMELY peppy and very comfortable. The trip back yielded 14.8mpg on the interstate. I need to research the fuel economy to see where this stands in relation to avg, but I'm happy with that number for now and I expect it to go down with mods in the future.

First on the list is to get new head lamp bulbs, man do those suck! PIAA Super Plasma GT or Extreme White Plus will be ordered SOON! Next, the passenger tail/brake light has a bad/wrong bulb or wiring issue. When the running lights are on, the inner PS light is brighter than the rest and then when you hit the brake it is dimmer than the rest. Probably something simple.

Antenna was broke off at some point, but it has an Alpine head unit with an alternate relocated antenna. I hardly ever listen to anything but CD's and what's loaded on the MP3/USB.

Paint has some rock chips and the clear coat is peeling in a couple of spots. I'm thinking of wet sanding the clear and reshooting it with a matte/satin clear coat.

Plans for the rig..... well R&D for TRAIL TAILOR of course.

Front Bumper- open top/face winch style (A cross between my new 80 front and the BlueBerry) I took a quick measurement, but think a ComeUp 16.5 Seal GEN2 might be the monster for this bumper.

Rear bumper- Dual swing out with removable arms (no spindles sticking out when arms removed) (Maybe an aluminum version just for my ole buddy @spressomon)

Sliders-Already in queue with the R&D group

Roof rack- Already in queue with the R&D group (might finally get to install my Simpson III RTT that has been in a box in the garage since last Sept... JEEZ!

Skid plates- on R&D list (way down on the list...)

OME 3" HD lift from (@cruiseroutfit)

Slee DiffDrop ( I can make this, but going to buy it anyway)

Dual batteries

63 Qt fridge/freezer

33s or 35s undecided at this point.

Misc other items to be posted as the urges command.

Her name is Esme.

Jason

(pics to come)

Last edited:
SAM_0405.JPG
SAM_0406.JPG
SAM_0407.JPG
SAM_0414.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats!
Can't wait to see what you come up with. Is this going to be your personal rig or a shop rig? I have admired your products for quite some time and am looking forward to see where you go with the 100 series armor. Keep up the good work!

Ben

Congrats!
Can't wait to see what you come up with. Is this going to be your personal rig or a shop rig? I have admired your products for quite some time and am looking forward to see where you go with the 100 series armor. Keep up the good work!

Ben

Ben,

This is my baby! I have wanted one for a few years and let one slip by when I was working in Texas. Thank you for the kind words on my products. They are simple and very strong. You have a very nice eye as well, curious to see your rear bumper unfold.

I know what I want for the bumpers and will offer a triple platform winch capability for the front. A 4.5" x 10" pattern centered, 4.5" x 10" staggered and then the monster ComeUp 16.5 Seal GEN 2 that has a 6.5" x 10" pattern that will go in Esme.

Sliders and rack are already designed and will go into production in a couple of days for my R&D group first. Clients first, ALWAYS! Then onto the bumpers.

Thanks again,

Jason

Nice Cruiser! I tried to jump on that one but he said somebody already put money on it- lucky you!

Nice Cruiser! I tried to jump on that one but he said somebody already put money on it- lucky you!

I called on Saturday to see if it was still available, verified Monday night, test drove it Tuesday and paid for it Tuesday. I was surprised at the final price I paid. I asked him what his cash price was, he replied and I said I'll be right back. Went to the bank, did the paperwork and drove home. I would have paid full asking price on this one.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom