Escape Gear Seat Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paul, thanks for the information and geography refresher.

I ordered these through Equipt for my front row only. It took around seven weeks or so iirc to receive. They are great, very durable and well made, and I am happy with them. Shipping was $90.

Two slight gripes, they shipped in a bag which was packed in a plastic shipping bag. Mine had a cut in it but the actual product was undamaged. A box would have been the better option. Also the opening for the seat controls is slightly off, I’ll take a picture tomorrow to show what I mean.

I would buy again, and if a group buy materializes (doesn’t sound likely) I might buy the second row in case I ever re-install the seats.

20200924_182350.jpg

Now, keep in mind I may have overtightened that strap or it is routed in a different manner than as designed. However, there were no instructions on strap routing. It also doesn't bother me since I'm the only driver of the rig, and I have the memory seat function. I just press a button and things go where I want.

For multiple drivers without seat memory, this could be either a non-issue or a deal breaker.

I will be replacing my lumbar adjustment parts shortly, and I'll attempt to realign that section "more properly" when the seat is out of the rig. If I get better results, I'll post them up and perhaps a pic + words on the strap routing that got the better results.

View attachment 2445177

Now, keep in mind I may have overtightened that strap or it is routed in a different manner than as designed. However, there were no instructions on strap routing. It also doesn't bother me since I'm the only driver of the rig, and I have the memory seat function. I just press a button and things go where I want.

For multiple drivers without seat memory, this could be either a non-issue or a deal breaker.

I will be replacing my lumbar adjustment parts shortly, and I'll attempt to realign that section "more properly" when the seat is out of the rig. If I get better results, I'll post them up and perhaps a pic + words on the strap routing that got the better results.

I'm not sure that you have that strap routed correctly and you're right about no detailed routing instructions, but I've always found them to be self explanatory/indicative.

Regarding ordering from Equipt, I've always ordered directly from Escape Gear and have felt well supported with reasonable shipping (costs being the same or lower than Equipt) and with a quicker turnaround since there is no middleman. If there were any issue and you ordered from Equipt, you'd have their support for returns/issues that might be a bit more complicated if dealing directly with Escape Gear.

With that said, Escape Gear has quickly responded and addressed one little issue I had.

I'm not sure that you have that strap routed correctly and you're right about no detailed routing instructions, but I've always found them to be self explanatory/indicative.
The bottom outboard strap is routed identically on both sides. On the passenger side, the cutout lines up with the seat controls. Not so on the drivers side.

It also seems like I'm not the only one with the issue either. I'll try and find a solution to share. If I can't find one, I'll notify EG SA and get some feedback.

I re-routed the bottom side strap a different route. I had to stop thinking like an engineer (will this interfere, get in the way, not chafe to breakage) and think like a designer (oh, this is the best route for it to look the best).

Final routing choice was to route the strap between the two plastic side guard pieces that create a bit of a channel for cable routing, and then go around/behind the "bump" in the plastic guard section. Can't take a pic of that since there is no camera angle, and the plastic piece needs to be installed. Strap can be cinched nice and tight so it lines up with the power seat controls, but there is no hope for the lumbar switch. It ends up being half covered as shown above.

I have had mine for over a year and I love them. I remember the shipping me being insane since I bought them direct from escape gear.

I got all 3 rows, dash cover and 2tire covers. It came out to $608 with $300 shipping. For what they are quoting for you guys you're getting a bargain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom