Escape gear Seat Cover install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just so you guys know, you can call (I use Skype) or email them and they answer pretty quick for these questions...
Escape Gear - Custom fit, heavy duty seat covers. Protect your 4×4, bakkie, Kombi, or SUV seats with tailored, custom-fit heavy duty seat covers. Manufacturers of heavy duty, custom-fit seat covers to protect your 4×4, bakkie, Kombi, or SUV seats. Cool and comfortable on long distant drives. - https://escapegear.com

on the different fabrics - they have grey and tan in cotton canvas (what I always choose) but also they have black in a cotton/poly blend as well for all their seat covers. I have used several sets in various trucks and they have all been world class.

How quickly can the front covers be installed?

My thought is leave the rear on with two car seats, then only have the fronts on for trips.

My thinking too. Also trying to decide on color with my terra interior. 🍻

My thought is leave the rear on with two car seats, then only have the fronts on for trips.

First install is a bit tricky. I'm sure subsequent remove and install would be easier - maybe 20 minutes?

To give you an idea of the process (if you haven't already seen it), a youtube video from Equipt shows the major points of an install.

First install is a bit tricky. I'm sure subsequent remove and install would be easier - maybe 20 minutes?

To give you an idea of the process (if you haven't already seen it), a youtube video from Equipt shows the major points of an install.

thanks. I had watched it. His sliding the straps off the leather seats had me a bit concerned, wondering how easy it is to reverse. I’ll give them a call next week to see if it’s worth the hassl.

my wife just laughed when I showed her what I was covering the seats with :)

I can see how these covers can be helpful with pets and kids dropping food but I don’t see how they can protect against drink spills. Any other advantages? Do they help with leather wear and tear?

I can see how these covers can be helpful with pets and kids dropping food but I don’t see how they can protect against drink spills. Any other advantages? Do they help with leather wear and tear?

escape gear claims they are water repellent.

my use case is specific to kids in the back and to keep sand out of the perforated seats while camping on the beach.

Reactions: LCT
Just ordered a set of these for my wifes 200 and my Tundra. Just arrived to the shop and getting them installed. Great pics, and good to see the fitment is good!

Does anyone know if they include the center console cover as pictured in the YouTube install video? I just ordered from the escape gear website and just realized I forgot to even check...

Does anyone know if they include the center console cover as pictured in the YouTube install video? I just ordered from the escape gear website and just realized I forgot to even check...
They did for my order (2020 LC ordered through Equipt).

They did for my order (2020 LC ordered through Equipt).
I'm pretty sure they do. FWIW - I ordered mine from Equipt for my 2018 LC. I got the heavier fabric after talking to Equipt. They also required I take a few photos of the interior so they could send to Escape to make sure they handmade the right style for our US cruisers. Anyway, they finally arrived today so looking forward to getting them installed and appreciate the great feedback on this thread.

I can confirm fitment and coverage once completed.

I got around to putting the covers on front driver seat and back split seats.

They come with the seat and back panel connected to each other to give you an idea of which straps connect with each buckle, there are several of them. I color coded them using various colors of electrical tape to help me know which ones connect to what after disconnecting and running them under and through the seats.

@Equipt Paul's video covers the front install on his video. Pics attached of how I connected the rear seat. This should clear up sone confusion on the orientation of the straps.

IMG_9289.jpeg

IMG_9290.jpeg

IMG_9291.jpeg

I installed one piece of the rear armrest and there is another section with velcro that I'm not sure how/where it connects. Doesn't appear the portion on the rear armrest with white elastic bands has any velcro to connect to this thing. Seems like I'm missing something. Anyone else have any ideas before i reach out to Escape and/or Equipt?

IMG_9292.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg

IMG_9294.jpeg

IMG_9295.jpeg

IMG_9296.jpeg

I installed one piece of the rear armrest and there is another section with velcro that I'm not sure how/where it connects. Doesn't appear the portion on the rear armrest with white elastic bands has any velcro to connect to this thing. Seems like I'm missing something. Anyone else have any ideas before i reach out to Escape and/or Equipt?

View attachment 2654054

View attachment 2654056

View attachment 2654057

View attachment 2654058

View attachment 2654059
@prharper the separate panel that has velcro around the perimeter goes on the back of the fold down armrest. Also, you've installed the larger piece with the elastic backwards. Once installed in the correct orientation the extension/flap will slip beneath the "hinge" through to the backside and velcro to the backside of the armrest. See attached pics.

20210423_210415.jpg

20210423_210434.jpg

20210423_210441.jpg

20210423_210507.jpg

20210423_210516.jpg

@jdha777 Does the second row center cup holder still work with the cover?
Sort of...if you can keep the slot lined up. It takes a little fiddling with to get cup holders to extend through the fabric slot. I keep the armrest up all the time so the kids don't make a mess of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom