Escape Gear for 97 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do the seat covers use the cheap plastic strap locks? I just received some "Seat Tidy's" from them. The canvas is awesome. However one of the plastic strap locks broke installing one of them! I sent email to Craig just as an FYI.

Recieved mine November 10. Darn small package. Pics just after I unpacked it so still pretty wrinkled. I've subsequently taken a cloths steamer my daughter has and relaxed all the wrinkles. Fit is very good. Came back to this thread as I recalled most of you had not used the velcro. May go without sticking it down for a little while and see. Velcro sticky goo from the SOR pad was a bitch to clean off!
20201110_144322.jpg
20201110_144343.jpg

Recieved mine November 10. Darn small package. Pics just after I unpacked it so still pretty wrinkled. I've subsequently taken a cloths steamer my daughter has and relaxed all the wrinkles. Fit is very good. Came back to this thread as I recalled most of you had not used the velcro. May go without sticking it down for a little while and see. Velcro sticky goo from the SOR pad was a bitch to clean off!
View attachment 2515104View attachment 2515105
I've had one on 2 different cruisers for a few consecutive years with no velcro. No issues at all even off road...stays in place nicely.

I've had one on 2 different cruisers for a few consecutive years with no velcro. No issues at all even off road...stays in place nicely.
Thanks for the feedback! I like it so very much more than the SOR cover! Like others have said in the thread, customer service via Craig at Escape Gear was great. As I'd already mentioned, he asked for DS and PS pics to verify the correct product and then communicated that they were out of stock and would have one mfg'd but would delay things a week or so. That kind of up front honest communication is priceless.

Where are you guys ordering Escape seat covers and dash protector for your 91-94 interiors? I’m not seeing any options on their website and after talking to their new sales person via email, we are not making any progress. Anybody save their invoice and can post a screenshot of their order details?

EDIT: Craig at Escape Gear was amazing to work with a couple years ago. He’s no longer with the company. Their website does not have an option to select the year for an 80 series, so I’m really curious how some of you guys are posting dash covers for a pre-95 interior and other for a 95-97. Where are you ordering them from?

Last edited:
Headed to the golf course, but when I get back I'll pull my invoice and ptetty sure I kept emaiks from them . Paul at Equipt1 may have some too.

Where are you guys ordering Escape seat covers and dash protector for your 91-94 interiors? I’m not seeing any options on their website and after talking to their new sales person via email, we are not making any progress. Anybody save their invoice and can post a screenshot of their order details?

EDIT: Craig at Escape Gear was amazing to work with a couple years ago. He’s no longer with the company. Their website does not have an option to select the year for an 80 series, so I’m really curious how some of you guys are posting dash covers for a pre-95 interior and other for a 95-97. Where are you ordering them from?
Ok, here's the description on my invoice. Don't know if that code or at least the description will help. I'd also sent left and right side view pics and they wanted to know if there was the little vent on the PS of the truck.
20210813_145722.jpg

Here are the pics I sent Escape Gear and the cover when I got it.
20200915_123511.jpg
20200915_123458.jpg
20201110_144343.jpg
20201110_144322.jpg

I ordered mine direct from the Escape Gear website. The standard policy of sending photos of your dash apply. I have a 94; smoother, sexier dash than the rest and I got mine without issues. You just specify your options on the website, exchange an email or two with photos and they ship within a month.

Equipt sells them but are more expensive. Just go VFR direct to Escape Gear.

I ordered mine direct from the Escape Gear website. The standard policy of sending photos of your dash apply. I have a 94; smoother, sexier dash than the rest and I got mine without issues. You just specify your options on the website, exchange an email or two with photos and they ship within a month.

Equipt sells them but are more expensive. Just go VFR direct to Escape Gear.
Thanks for your feedback. I ordered a full set for my 100 a few years ago exactly how you're describing, but now with new staff, I am told they can't figure out what covers I need lol. I am being as specific as possible, 1994 VX 80-Series, left hand drive, no power seats. Not sure how much more specific you can get. And I sent about 6-8 photos of every angle of the interior. Honestly, it's super frustrating.

I guess if I can't order directly from Escape, maybe I'll try going through Equipt1.

I got mine from Paul at Equipt. He actually shows in stock on grey and tan 80 VX front seat covers right now. I got the charcoal tuff canvas on my 93. They are growing on me as I have had sheepskin covers for the last 5 years which don’t last too long and get dirty, but are super comfy. These are sturdy for sure, fit very well and should last a long time.
82AB5D6C-5DC0-49AE-8E33-5DB6E7947B35.jpeg
65CB629C-2EE0-4BED-9AAE-897005F0B5A8.jpeg
B6D28ABB-C1FA-4197-A71B-AD82BFDCA2C1.jpeg

Thanks for your feedback. I ordered a full set for my 100 a few years ago exactly how you're describing, but now with new staff, I am told they can't figure out what covers I need lol. I am being as specific as possible, 1994 VX 80-Series, left hand drive, no power seats. Not sure how much more specific you can get. And I sent about 6-8 photos of every angle of the interior. Honestly, it's super frustrating.
Interesting, I just bought mine in March and had zero issues, but I only ordered the dash mat. Took less than a month to arrive.

Has anyone ordered the tougher canvas cotton/poly charcoal seat covers from them? The inference is that these might not be best for the warmer climates compared to the traditional cotton options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom