SOLD Erie CO, Lifted/Triple Locked 1999 Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
white
20210712_193249.jpg

Time to sell my 1999 Landcruiser! I have owned this vehicle since 2013 and have loved every day of it. We recently purchased an LX570 to take over as the family adventure vehicle and need to send the 99 onto her next chapter in life. This vehicle has been meticulously maintained and lightly modified, making it a perfect way to get out and create your own adventures.

Modifications:
  • ARB locking front differential
  • ARB onboard air compressor mounted with Slee dual-battery tray
  • Slee Sliders
  • OME 2.5" lift (Medium springs) with Slee diff-drop and SPC upper control arms
  • Group 31 battery with Slee bracket
  • Headunit replaced with Apple car play/Android Auto compatible Pioneer AVH2300
  • Back-up Camera added (displays on headunit)
  • Noico sound deadening added to floor throughout the entire cabin
  • Cabin air filter added
  • CB antenna bracket mounted to rear hatch area
  • Weather tech floor mats, Ram mount phone mount on the dash
I have provided a google-drive link below with the detailed maintenance log from my time with this vehicle, but here are the highlights:

Major Maintenance:
  • 90k Service performed by slee
  • Steering rack replaced by slee
  • New Rear driveshaft
  • Brake Pads/Rotors/Wheel bearings replaced by slee
  • Starter Contacts replaced
  • Heater Core (and heater T's!) replaced
  • Radiator replaced
  • Fuel Pump replaced

The Good:
  • TONS of maintenance performed, all utilizing OEM or well-established aftermarket parts
  • Absolutely mechanically sound. No known mechanical issues. I have spent a lot of time/money/energy keeping this in good shape.
  • Aftermarket headunit requires a somewhat tricky wiring job to bypass the factory amp, this is already done and ready for apple carplay/android auto.
  • The locking front diff was a major service and eliminates a known weak spot in the 100series. Off roading with a triple locked vehicle in technical conditions is awesome, the amount of control and traction is incredible
  • Interior is in pretty good shape. The leather is showing its age and the cargo area has it's share of scrapes, but overall everything is in decent shape.
  • 4 years worth of HIH stickers affixed to the windshield. She earned these so I plan to sell the car with them attached. haha
  • Frame is rust free. There is some superficial spots here and there, but overall there is no significant rust
The Bad:
  • Rear Tailgate has some carnage on driver's side from PO. I massaged this a little, wire-brushed to bare metal and painted to prevent any rust, but it's certainly not perfect
  • Rock chips on every forward/downward facing surface. This Cruiser has seen ALOT of major hwy and dirt road trips, and the paint shows that
  • hood struts need to be replaced
  • Drivers seat has tear in leather, and will need some kind of replacement
  • Steering wheel leather is starting to wear through
  • Wheels are a little rough with pitting. No issues with them being out of round or leaking, but they are nearly impossible to keep clean looking
  • Tires are towards end-of-life.
  • Passenger Mirror had an encounter with my garage and is glued together
  • Exhaust is starting to show its age, no leaks but the rust is setting in
Price: $15,000

20210712_193331.jpg

20210712_192856.jpg
20210712_192928.jpg

20210712_194353.jpg

Last edited:
Tires are 285/75/16, down to about 8/32nds tread depth

Timing belt change was part of the 90k Service at 208k miles, so about 54k miles on that timing belt.

The 90k service is pretty intensive, I can list out what all is done if interested; the invoice from Slee is 2 pages long!

Adding Pics with the ARB compressor and group 31 battery tray. The compressor has a manifold kit on it, so it's directly routed to the front air locker and has a port for a standard air hose connection. This is mounted to the Slee Dual Battery tray, so if that's something you're interested in adding you have the tray.

20210712_193814.jpg

20210712_193758.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom