Eric moves West. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, the time has finally come for me to make the move back out to Arizona. Although I am a South-Floridian born and raised, I fell in love with the southwest while I was a Marine stationed in Yuma, AZ - and that is where I am heading.

I recently accepted a position with a subcontractor to the Boeing Corp. on the Air Station in Yuma. I will be performing the same functions that I did as an active duty Marine - maintaining aircraft logs and records for the AV-8B Harrier.

I will still be around until the 12th of November when I load up the FJ80 and point it west.

I will miss you all - but will still remain in touch.

Sandy will remain here in High Springs while the house goes on the market and I will be staying with a friend of mine in Yuma until she can join me out there.

Eric

Eric,
We'll miss you on the trails. Hope your move goes well.
I guess you'll be shipping the 40 out west eventually?
Give advance notice before you come back to Florida for a vacation so a wheeling trip can be planned while your here.

Steve

BTW, Did Bill deliver my axles to your parents house and did they end up at your house?
If so, i'll be in High Springs Nov 17th.

Eric,
We'll miss you on the trails. Hope your move goes well.
I guess you'll be shipping the 40 out west eventually?
Give advance notice before you come back to Florida for a vacation so a wheeling trip can be planned while your here.

Steve

BTW, Did Bill deliver my axles to your parents house and did they end up at your house?
If so, i'll be in High Springs Nov 17th.

Hi, Steve:

Yes, FJ40 will go when Sandy comes out with the rest of our junk.

Sandy is down there now (arrived yesterday) and has not made contact with Bill yet that I am aware of. She returns here on the 7th of Nov so your axles will be waiting for you.

Are we talking inner shafts or whole assemblies (she's got the Tundra so no problem either way)?

Eric, sorry to see you go - but at least now I'll have mud-bay between Jupiter and Arizona :D. Seriously - get things for Moab sorted out and I'll be there in 08 or 09.

Steve - parts were dropped with Jerry Dixon as he drove over to where I was camped. I forgot to give him the glass windows, but I tracked down his Grandson and passed those off to him as well - he was there with his new Land Rover. Ah yes - blasphemy.

Eric, sorry to see you go - but at least now I'll have mud-bay between Jupiter and Arizona :D. Seriously - get things for Moab sorted out and I'll be there in 08 or 09.

Steve - parts were dropped with Jerry Dixon as he drove over to where I was camped. I forgot to give him the glass windows, but I tracked down his Grandson and passed those off to him as well - he was there with his new Land Rover. Ah yes - blasphemy.

I'll scout out all the good desert wheeling spots for you! I was so 'green' to wheeling when I first purchased my FJ40 out there that I didn't do much more then trail riding with it back then. Now that I know a little more - I can't wait to get back out there!

So - is there nothing for Sandy to bring back with her?

NADA. I think everything got swapped out.

Are you going to make the 11/10 run? I'm really gonna try hard - but between $$$ and fact I'm leaving for Costa the following week I'll really need to have my ducks in a row.

Billl.

Eric, sorry to see you leave, but we'll always have "Perry"

Jerry D.

NADA. I think everything got swapped out.

Are you going to make the 11/10 run? I'm really gonna try hard - but between $$$ and fact I'm leaving for Costa the following week I'll really need to have my ducks in a row.

Billl.

I haven't been keeping up - I had no idea about the 11/10 run. Seeing how I leave for Yuma on the 12th, I don't think it's in the cards. Besides, the '40 needs work and I'm driving the
'80 out west so I can't risk it.

Eric, sorry to see you leave, but we'll always have "Perry"

Jerry D.

Ah - such fond memories...:crybaby:

Don't forget - there will always be Wallaby Ranch too.

I'll keep a sharp eye out for any ICE HOLES on my way out west. :lol:

I may try & go to the Turkey Trot.

I don't know my plans beyond getting back home on the 7th Eric's departure date. I am sure I will plenty of diversions at home getting it ready to put on the market...time with the "Cruiser Family" might be on the agenda.

Good luck out there man, Don't forget about us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom