Envirocooler User Guide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome! Thanks for finding that.

These damned things were the find of the century. Used ours on a Florida beach trip last week. I don't abuse it but I'm not constantly afraid it will break like my ARB. If it dies on me I've already gotten my money's worth.

Is anyone picking some up to sell at Relic Run? I found one in Florida for $200 from a MUD member.

I finally got a ac converter today, plugged fridge in to socket and it went from 22 to 4.5 C in 30 minutes. Impressive. Have a spot for it in the truck, going to use it tomorrow and Friday all day at Uwharrie. I feel like a cool kid now, fridge in ma truck!
1663FA36-0340-4DD3-B500-C767A2DE1CEE.jpeg

And I don’t worry about the snug fit behind the third row seat if needed. If it were an ARB I would be scared the snug fit would cause damage. We used ours to Carova and back with 5-6 people, gear, and Great Dane. Cooler fit perfect and was awesome to have cool drinks while on the beach!!!

It fits nicely here with folded seat. Going to run them and hope the battery cranks tomorrow. I don’t have any fancy 2 battery system. Yet. Filled it up with water, fruits, cheese sticks. Dinner is served....

A0CA1377-0673-4F18-A338-83D637799B4B.jpeg

A6B9F51E-DEB2-46F3-B246-3FB104B7EDBD.jpeg

Envirocooler mishap turned victory. I accidentally hooked the envirocooler reverse polarity on a camping trip. Magic blue smoke emitted and it has been sitting in the garage collecting dust. My neighbor in the alley recently purchased a 1500 spitfire and there was a bottle of NOS Lucas Smoke in the glove box. He let me borrow 6cc for my experiment.

No joy from the unit based on a 12 volt plug in or the 120 volt plug in. Sadness ensues as my beverage of choice does not get cold.

Remove the front of the unit with an allen wrench and two Phillips head screws on the bottom. Find the grey box on the circuit board and gently pry both tabs to reveal a blown fuse. Solder connectors on each and find an automotive fuse as close to the 8.5 amp listed on the grey cover ( I used a 10 amp). Plug unit back in and poof/magic ensues.

Hope there are other knuckle heads pout there that made the same mistake I did and that this brief tutorial helps get your Envirocooler back to chilling.

BA8F2EB8-7975-4EB5-8820-BD4E140AE098.jpeg

D2DF8EB1-AED1-4AE3-8A24-3A8A69D2407D.jpeg

BA77BABA-52BE-4277-9155-0E46BD152005.jpeg

928C67E9-C631-4F44-8543-74B89663ACAA.jpeg

Fixed it. I will eventually get an appropriate fuse for this but the initial joy over rides good sense.

DBB4BDE8-A284-4B05-8DC8-7F8812DC3413.jpeg

615358CD-31DC-4C24-BBD5-E6EA2B6F8864.jpeg

08EF8320-958C-4445-8300-5B5F48B320B1.jpeg

Envirocooler mishap turned victory. I accidentally hooked the envirocooler reverse polarity on a camping trip. Magic blue smoke emitted and it has been sitting in the garage collecting dust. My neighbor in the alley recently purchased a 1500 spitfire and there was a bottle of NOS Lucas Smoke in the glove box. He let me borrow 6cc for my experiment.

No joy from the unit based on a 12 volt plug in or the 120 volt plug in. Sadness ensues as my beverage of choice does not get cold.

Remove the front of the unit with an allen wrench and two Phillips head screws on the bottom. Find the grey box on the circuit board and gently pry both tabs to reveal a blown fuse. Solder connectors on each and find an automotive fuse as close to the 8.5 amp listed on the grey cover ( I used a 10 amp). Plug unit back in and poof/magic ensues.

Hope there are other knuckle heads pout there that made the same mistake I did and that this brief tutorial helps get your Envirocooler back to chilling.

Sweet! I know what I'll be doing soon. I looked for that fuse but they hid it enough I didn't find it. Glad I didn't toss mine.

@SeanLX I can buy yours off you for scrap prices.....HaHa!!

And in full disclosure: My 20 year old son found, diagnosed, and fixed the issue. His Google-Fu is strong related to finding which part was actually a fuse rather than other controllers. Made this papa very proud.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom