Enginehaus in Gig Harbor, WA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This would be really nice to know. I'm in need of a new 1fz-fe and this looks too good to be true. So good in fact that I'm in the process of finding a way to work with Enginehaus, even though my cruiser is in AZ- but I'm understandably hesitant. They were recommended by fellow mud member which is how they got on the radar to begin with. After seeing all the other inconclusive posts and reviews, it would be nice to put this (the mystery of enginehaus) to bed one way or the other. I'm a fan of making informed decisions and not feeling like I'm a guinea pig... Thanks for any good info on these guys

I've heard the same hit - miss about them too. They are ~50 miles from my place & a few BMW guys I know have talked about them, one I'm positive has a rebuilt head & bottom end he bought from them to replace a S52 (BMW I-6) one he warped beyond use. No complaints from him, it's been ~2 yrs, still has the car.

Absolutely horrible. I literally cannot stress enough to anyone to avoid Enginehaus at all costs.

My HG blew about 20,000 miles after the "rebuild" they did.

Another mudder's blew within months of having them do his while he was on vacation. Both of these were 80 series.

The "warranty" has now been changed to several pages of conditional BS to ensure you won't be covered. I know this because I got to see the new version of it when the truck went back in for HG diagnosis to see if he would do anything about it. His solution was to offer two different quotes to fix the HG - the lower one involving cash of course. That should be a warning sign enough.

My all-time favorite part about the process (aside from the many months it took to get my truck back and total break down of communication at the beginning) was furnishing my own OEM parts from the dealer to find out that many were not installed later on.

I got the truck back with the same ancient plugs and wires it went in for a rebuild with. Where the new stuff that I bought at the dealer went has remained a mystery.

Please, for the love of all that is good, avoid this guy and this shop.

Last edited:
I'll also add that when I had the work done he was in Gig Harbor. When the HG blew and I followed up, he had me go to a shop in Tacoma that he seems to have everything farmed out to.

Yikes! -- I never knew anything specific bad about them, and the BMW is a hobby car, so I bet he's under the 20K in the last ~2 yrs since purchase (he installed himself).

Good looking out - I would never take the Cruiser there (do my own work anyhow), but I'd try Torfab (known goodguy, and closer for me) before I did anything if I needed a head or block, and buy whatever, expecting used parts to be machined locally.

If you guys are serious about a rebuild and are in washington get ahold of the guys at torfab. Theyre out of mukilteo and are excellent.

Adam at Torfab has helped me out with lots of parts and has always been a joy to work with. Great guy and great experience.

Agreed with Yohavos...

Wasn't my rig but a close friend of mine was on vacation in So. Cal. (from Wa.) and had the exact HG failure, ruining his new radiator ect... stranded with a 4 year old..

another $2000 at the dealer not to mention the breakdown ect..

Don't walk, RUN!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom