Wanted engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone in the SF/SJ Bay area have either an F or 2F engine? I'm giving up on the leaky POS I have! I've got a '70 FJ-40.

FC, I can get my motor to Reno fairly easily in jan...

fcgadget said:
anyone in the SF/SJ Bay area have either an F or 2F engine? I'm giving up on the leaky POS I have! I've got a '70 FJ-40.
I have some F's and 2F's, what do you really need? Thanks, John Pardi, Camino Calif.

well, I put a '71 F w/ 4spd manual & xfer in my '70 w/ 3 spd and vac xfer, and had nothing but problems. The clutch slave was on the wrong side, the torsion bar was in the way and then it started leaking, probably behind the timing plate. I've screwed with this thing over and over. I can't get the crank timing gear off, broke several bolts off, and am giving up.

I'm told that the 2F is a better engine than the F, but my primary concerns are
will it go in without conversions or refits of something like it. And of course, doesn't leak and runs!

Given that, what have you got and how much is it??

Clutch slave can go on either side..

The 2F will bolt in place of the f that you have right now. About the only main conversion may be the location of the alternator. And I am pretty sure that you can use your stock F alt.

Forward air is doen the street. I can have it there in a week..

Always replace the rear main and the oil pan ghasket while it is out. Kinda like the clutch.

Other than that it is perfect.

Mace said:
Clutch slave can go on either side..

The 2F will bolt in place of the f that you have right now. About the only main conversion may be the location of the alternator. And I am pretty sure that you can use your stock F alt.

Forward air is doen the street. I can have it there in a week..

Always replace the rear main and the oil pan ghasket while it is out. Kinda like the clutch.

Other than that it is perfect.
OK, howmuch for a 2F??

$400

Like I said, while it is out the oil pan and the rear main are a good idea to swap out. Good insurance policy..

compression varied between 125 and 135 psi on all cylinders. And that is cold with no ail in the cylinders. I am positive that the motor has more than 100K on it. But I am not sure how many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom