Engine Vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JK

Threads
I have an 89' 62 with 175K on it. I had some work done on the transfer case a couple years ago, the shop pulled the tranny to do the work. Ever since then I have had an engine vibration that is more pronounced when the engine is cold. It starts at about 800 RPM and then dissipates at about 1100 RPM. It does this in every gear of the tranny. I have just passed smog here in CA with decent numbers and average 13 mpg. I am getting concerned about it because it seems to be getting worse. Any ideas would be appreciated!
JK

Do you have access to a lift or other safe means of observing if the flex plate and torque converter have any wobble to them?

I have crawled under the engine with it in neutral and the hand throttle holding it at 1000RPM, the engine, tranny and transfer case seem to vibrate as an entire unit. I can not see any visable difference between the engine, flex plate and bell housing etc. What are your thoughts? That the bolting could be loose?

It could be a cylinder imbalance that coincidentally showed up with the work done. Could also be engine and/or tranny mounts. Check those...

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

Engine or tranny mount broken or not reconnected correctly would make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom