Engine Value of 1FZ-FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My local craigslist/kijiji has a 4.5 sitting for sale, not much information on it in general and his response was not very enlightening, however with me wanting to "rebuild" it, it may be worth a gamble if I get it cheap enough

Ad 1fz-fe Land cruiser engine 4.5l | engine, engine parts | Red Deer | Kijiji

I asked him if knew the mileage, heard it run or if it has had anything done to it

"No clue in the milage, was told it came from a rusted out truck. Seems to be all stock and don't think the head gasket was done. I bought it with plans to tear down and rebuild and turbo. And no accessories"

Im thinking its worth no more than 500 based off the response, but curious what your guy's thoughts are

They go "as-is" from $500-$1000 around here it seems.

I imagine that's a pretty rare find considering the very small number of LX450's sold in Canada. I doubt them come up often in the local market.

$1000 is too much. While looking for my LC I found a complete motor with recent hg and proof of running before it was pulled for $750 CDN. For that with no history I would say $400 - $500 max.

Have you thought of an LS swap?

Unknown with no accessories? No exhaust manifold or intake plenum? Maybe $200 tops. As it sits it's scrap metal. If you really want one try finding one that at least runs and has all the accessories.

$1000 is too much. While looking for my LC I found a complete motor with recent hg and proof of running before it was pulled for $750 CDN. For that with no history I would say $400 - $500 max.

Have you thought of an LS swap?

thought about, calculated a bunch of RPM went as far and bought an LS, however i'd rather build something smaller with bigger axles and tires, but im not sold on anything atm

Juse sold one with accessories, tyranny etc for $350. And yes, it ran. I'm sure I could have squeezed more out of it, but my wife wanted it gone. And I didn't want to spend the next year answering pms, negotiating prices and shipping parts all over the country.

i think I got all the info i need :D

Ill throw an offer at him for 250 stating facts and see if he bites hahahaha, ultimately I'm not too concerned

unknown condition no accessories = $150-$200 at the you-pull-it yard.

not frequently, but I've seen five or six over the last 4 years at the yards, and yes they do go quickly at that price.

I don't know.....good boat anchors usually go for around $2/lb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom