Engine / Transmission Mount - replaced yours? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and didn't find anything definitive on this topic -- would be glad to be pointed at a definitive thread if one is there to be had!

I'm about to launch into installing a Trail Tailor creeper skid plate on my 1999 land cruiser with 285k on the clock. I thought, while I'm in there maybe I replace the transmission mount . . . and while I'm in there maybe I replace the engine mounts! I assume all of mine are origional.

Has anyone done this and noticed a difference positive or negative in their engine vibration? Did you use OEM mounts (~$400 from toyotapartsdeal.com) or aftermarket mounts $100 from Amazon?

Is it worth the effort? Obviously if I discover that the transmission mount is obviously busted, I'll replace it. However if it's not clear that it's broke, should I go through the trouble and expense?

What ever you plan to do, don't use aftermarket parts! If the OEM part is not available, then no choice but when available, stick to OEM if possible (if you can afford).

I installed the trans mount, not bad, but doing the engine mount especially the driver side could take some serious time.

Check the pricing on partsouq. When I did mine I ordered from there for the significant savings even with the high shipping.

Buy OEM Toyota-

Pricing from various online US Dealers around $130 ea and offshore for about $90 ea

toyotapartsdeal is not really a "deal"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom