engine swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know if a duramax diesel will swap into a 60? I think it is the same size as a 350 not sure. I really need to swap something for this 6 not enough power and too much gas for everyday use. I want to swap it for something with a lot of low end torque like the 6. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I see it's your first post - so welcome!

There has been lots of discussion about diesel conversion options already on this forum. If you do a search, you'll find hours and hours worth of reading. Actually, for future reference, and good approach is to search first for the answer to your question, then ask further clarifying questions as appropriate.

For what it's worth, consensus is that doing a diesel swap can indeed give an immediate improvement in power, the economic payback could be many years.

Last thing, I think the most developed swap is by Proffits, putting in a 4cyl cummins. There are posts on this as well.

HTH

Great question. My opinion is if your gonna do it do it once. 6.2L turbo. It's tight but from what i have read it works and it's amazing. YOu could even run biodisel if you wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom