1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine swap

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by tres, Jan 25, 2004.

1. tres

tres

will a toyota 3f engine bolt it to the place of a toyota 2f? i was thinking of doing this switch so i could get the stock efi. what do ya'll think about it?

2. dd113

dd113

It can be done. You can switch out the entire motor or just the 3FE head for the 2F head. if you have all the EFI crap and a custom tank it should be OK. I would not even think about it. It will be a lot of trouble for questionable gains. You can buy TBI set ups for the 2F or convert a holley projection to fit the 2F

3. Pskhaat

Pskhaat

[quote author=tres link=board=1;threadid=10615;start=msg95249#msg95249 date=1075060543]
    will a toyota 3f engine bolt it to the place of a toyota 2f? i was thinking of doing this switch so i could get the stock efi. what do ya'll think about it?
    [/quote]

Go for it! :D I did. Yes, the 3F block mounts against the 2F mounts dead on.
    The 3F-E head will mate a later model 2F block. Ensure you have the full wiring harness and all the pertinent electrical parts. I have a 3F-E in my 40 series currently.

I decided to go 3F-E as 1) I wanted EFI, and 2) it was more cost effective as the 2F in honesty needed to be rebuilt anyway.

4. tres

tres

what all do i need to have for the efi to work?

5. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Your best bet would be to find a complete vehicle and take EVERYTHING having to do with the engine.

Good luck!

-Steve

6. Pskhaat

Pskhaat

[quote author=tres link=board=1;threadid=10615;start=msg95672#msg95672 date=1075159931]
    what all do i need to have for the efi to work?
    [/quote]

You'll need basically everything on the actual engine, there are a lot of electrical sensor/injector parts, just make sure you would get everything that would normally be bolted to the engine/manifold(s). Things external to the engine is the EFI computer, O2 sensors and the wiring harness. The rest of the 2F stuff will work like the charcoal canister, starter, flywheel, tranny, etc.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">