Engine Swap Shopping List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what are the adapters and other things i need to put a 350 in my 62 with stock auto transmission?

Advanced Adapters makes plates for just about any conversion that you want to do. Check out their website.

:beer:

You sure you want to keep the factory tranny? It's stout, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up against the extra power and torque of a 350 if you're pushing the truck to its limits, especially if you're towing (automatics don't like towing unless they've got a buttload of cooling). I may just be talking out of my ass here, but that's just what I would think as far as staying with the factory auto tranny. You may want to look into one of the performance rebuilds that Slee Off Road offers. I know I'm definately curious to see how much of a difference there is between one of those and an untouched factory tranny.

Just a thought...

what are you doing with the stuff youare taking off???

havent decided what im gonna do with the old engine, but its not going to happen til u get off deployment in feb. why replace a 3fe with a 2f?

eatmc55 said:
havent decided what im gonna do with the old engine, but its not going to happen til u get off deployment in feb. why replace a 3fe with a 2f?

more displacement .. ?

Not really I mean 2F engine is more stronger, and more resistant, some better mods, and 4.2 L vs 3F 4.0.

where did you get the 2f short block? did you use all the efi stuff? sensors?

shopping list

get a tranny cooler , , HEI distrib. Advance adapter mounts as well as that adapter to the toy tranny . , I dont know about the 62 but on my 60 i ran into clearence issues with my exhaust so I had to use block hugger headers , down smoothly into my collectors and 24" glasspacks

Spook50 said:
You sure you want to keep the factory tranny? It's stout, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up against the extra power and torque of a 350 if you're pushing the truck to its limits, especially if you're towing (automatics don't like towing unless they've got a buttload of cooling). I may just be talking out of my ass here, but that's just what I would think as far as staying with the factory auto tranny. You may want to look into one of the performance rebuilds that Slee Off Road offers. I know I'm definately curious to see how much of a difference there is between one of those and an untouched factory tranny.

Just a thought...

Norm Needham the expert of all things cruiser, has stated that the A440F will take up to 600-650hp stock and up to 800hp with porting and a different valve body. That tranny is made for a mountain climbing, portal axled, 24 passenger, 4x4, 6 ton bus. It will have no problem taking anything the 350tbi can put out. I know. I have this setup in my 80 series.
V8J80 #2web.jpg
V8J80web2.jpg

White Shark said:
Norm Needham the expert of all things cruiser, has stated that the A440F will take up to 600-650hp stock and up to 800hp with porting and a different valve body. That tranny is made for a mountain climbing, portal axled, 24 passenger, 4x4, 6 ton bus. It will have no problem taking anything the 350tbi can put out. I know. I have this setup in my 80 series.

Interesting. I honestly didn't know that. That'd make it alot easier to do an engine swap if I stayed auto. I've been investigating a diesel (4BT, or my pipe dream: a VW 5.0 TDI), 350 Vortec or a Mustang 5.0. I'd love to keep it simple with the tranny work if I stayed with the auto (in which case I'd get the Extreme rebuild that Slee sells). Still need to investigate my manual options though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom