Engine Swap Shopping List

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star

Advanced Adapters makes plates for just about any conversion that you want to do. Check out their website.

:beer:

Spook50

I just got an idea....

You sure you want to keep the factory tranny? It's stout, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up against the extra power and torque of a 350 if you're pushing the truck to its limits, especially if you're towing (automatics don't like towing unless they've got a buttload of cooling). I may just be talking out of my ass here, but that's just what I would think as far as staying with the factory auto tranny. You may want to look into one of the performance rebuilds that Slee Off Road offers. I know I'm definately curious to see how much of a difference there is between one of those and an untouched factory tranny.

Just a thought...

havent decided what im gonna do with the old engine, but its not going to happen til u get off deployment in feb. why replace a 3fe with a 2f?

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

eatmc55 said:
havent decided what im gonna do with the old engine, but its not going to happen til u get off deployment in feb. why replace a 3fe with a 2f?
more displacement .. ?

Not really I mean 2F engine is more stronger, and more resistant, some better mods, and 4.2 L vs 3F 4.0.

The torque peak on the 2F hits at about 1800-2000 RPM and the 3F-E peak is up around 4000 RPM. I don't know about you, but I don't drive my LC that hard. 3500 RPM seems to be about max before the tranny shifts anyway.

Just wait till the next TT comes out, you'll see. :D

shopping list

get a tranny cooler , , HEI distrib. Advance adapter mounts as well as that adapter to the toy tranny . , I dont know about the 62 but on my 60 i ran into clearence issues with my exhaust so I had to use block hugger headers , down smoothly into my collectors and 24" glasspacks

Spook50 said:
You sure you want to keep the factory tranny? It's stout, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up against the extra power and torque of a 350 if you're pushing the truck to its limits, especially if you're towing (automatics don't like towing unless they've got a buttload of cooling). I may just be talking out of my ass here, but that's just what I would think as far as staying with the factory auto tranny. You may want to look into one of the performance rebuilds that Slee Off Road offers. I know I'm definately curious to see how much of a difference there is between one of those and an untouched factory tranny.

Just a thought...
Norm Needham the expert of all things cruiser, has stated that the A440F will take up to 600-650hp stock and up to 800hp with porting and a different valve body. That tranny is made for a mountain climbing, portal axled, 24 passenger, 4x4, 6 ton bus. It will have no problem taking anything the 350tbi can put out. I know. I have this setup in my 80 series.
V8J80 #2web.jpg
V8J80web2.jpg

Spook50

I just got an idea....

White Shark said:
Norm Needham the expert of all things cruiser, has stated that the A440F will take up to 600-650hp stock and up to 800hp with porting and a different valve body. That tranny is made for a mountain climbing, portal axled, 24 passenger, 4x4, 6 ton bus. It will have no problem taking anything the 350tbi can put out. I know. I have this setup in my 80 series.
Interesting. I honestly didn't know that. That'd make it alot easier to do an engine swap if I stayed auto. I've been investigating a diesel (4BT, or my pipe dream: a VW 5.0 TDI), 350 Vortec or a Mustang 5.0. I'd love to keep it simple with the tranny work if I stayed with the auto (in which case I'd get the Extreme rebuild that Slee sells). Still need to investigate my manual options though :D

Top Bottom