Engine Swap on 80 Series 4L60e question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, can someone please help me with an answer? I’m working on an engine swap and I bought the adapter kit for LS to Toyota transfer case on my 92 80 series L.C. The first mechanic that was working my swap installed the 5.3 Vortec with 4L60e ,but it’s a 4wd and the kit requires a 2wd. My question is,can I just replace the rear shaft shown on picture below(which is shorter than the shaft of a 2wd). I really do not want to have to buy a 2 we trans. Is there anything else that is needed to the transmission to make it 2wd. I have a transmission shop willing to replace the rear shaft for $150 here in Baja Mexico.

48560335-7FE2-4CFF-B6BB-74598EB0EFE9.png

can I just replace the rear shaft

"The kit is designed to use a GM transmission from a 2WD vehicle.
The 4L60E 4WD version has a short output shaft and can not be used unless you replace the output shaft with one from a 2WD version."

Send Marks Adapters an email asking the question to be certain, but it sounds like replacing the output shaft will work.

"The kit is designed to use a GM transmission from a 2WD vehicle.
The 4L60E 4WD version has a short output shaft and can not be used unless you replace the output shaft with one from a 2WD version."

Send Marks Adapters an email asking the question to be certain, but it sounds like replacing the output shaft will work.
Thank you. I was hoping just the shaft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom