Engine Stand Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.outerlimitsupply.com
I'm about to put a 2F engine on a stand and was wondering if I could use the 4 tranny bolt holes? In other words, can I keep the bell housing on and mount the stand directly to the bell housing? The engine is very heavy and I'm not sure the bell housing is strong enough. Just wanted to see how others are mounting an engine to a stand.

Thanks,
Travis

Last edited:
I would not do it. The 2F is heavy and l-o-n-g and adding the bellhousing is not a good idea. Most have adjustable arms that use the BH mounting holes in the block. You'll need to get the appropriate length of bolts that fit the holes. I mounted the arms and plate to the back of the motor then slid the plate into the engine stand from the hoist.

The bell housing is more than strong enough. By an order of magnitude. Chances are your stand is nopt however. It would be unstable in the extreme and more likely to tumble over than not if you moved it at all. I have seen more than a few stands which would be overstressed by the additional leverage of the extension of the bellhousing.

Bad Idea.

Mark...

Maybe this pic will help you out. I took the time to go purchase some brand new correct length bolts and motor's been sitting there for a month no problems.
P1280822.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom