engine squeak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Turn on the rig this morning and started hearing this loud squeaking coming from under the hood. Coming to a stop it almost sound like the belts are slipping. As I drove more the squeak became louder and more constant. The squeak seems to be gaining too. Any thoughts or ideas most appreciated.

see video.

If it quacks like a duck.....
Have you tried belt dressing?

Your video is set to private.

That was the first thing I did. Unfortunately it didn't solve it. The video should be visible now.

wifes listenin to hank3 so I can't hear the squeal, but shootin from the hip, I'm voting for the smog pump;)

Yeah, me too. Smog pump.

t

so, you can also pull the belts one at a time, that drive the different components, and isolate where the sound comes from that way- a stethoscope can also be useful lest you like to shoot guns er list at some heavy metal...it is most likely a loose belt, or bearing gone bad in an engine driven accessory, but it should be found and cut out...I will listen at your video as soon as I can...

there are 2 idler pulley assys which are replaceable wear items. I have done both of mine. that squeak could also be PS pump bearing or smog pump bearing or alt bearing going south. isolate as best you can and narrow down by ear. with all the belts off, you might be able to feel drag on the pulley causing the noise...HTH

Water pump was the cause of the squeak before it seized up. :crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom