Engine Rebuild Mechanic or transplant 1fz-fe 4.5 needed in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LX purchase included an unknown 3-4 quart oil burn consumption per tank of gas. Has knocks and rattles and the exhaust smells strong sometimes. Hasnt left me stranded, and ive put bout 5k on it in this condition. I got burned on the engine, but im doing the best that i can. As long as I keep oil in her, im getting by. I cant keep this up. Im in the LV area, and need either a good transplant, or a budget rebuild option in the area. Any helpful information would be appreciated. Thanks...

I would not recommend a “budget rebuild”.

Having said that, you can get remanned long blocks for about $4k iirc. I think for a budget rebuild you will still be in it $10k unless you do all the work your self and replace only the bare minimum. You will also have questionable parts which are likely Chinese

I would look for a replacement used engine from a reputable source if you want budget and do the work yourself. Search the classifieds, user Death Valley Paul seems to have good used engines from time to time and is not very far from you.

Cheers

Fultz machine shop
(702) 647-0311
They are a good place to go for engine work. You could also contact them about finding other motors. They found a replacement head for my 94 1FZFE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom