engine rebuild fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking to rebuild my 3F EFI and my head but I can't find the parts anyone know were I can find engine rebuild kits for the 3F? SOR only has 2f engine rebuilds. and Napa can't get my Head parts. thanks

Dunno about AK, but in the lower 48, parts can be ordered through any machine shop, napa, carquest, advance, etc. There are a few specific hoses and such that must come from the dealer, but there's no problem getting them, just takes 1-2 days.

Forget about engine rebuild 'kits'. You're just paying some guy to grab the cheapest parts off the shelf for your particular engine. Better to pick the best parts (Clevite OEM bearings vs. cheapo FM bearings), than the cheapest.

What head parts are difficult to get?

Hi,

I had a local reputable machine shop totally go thru my 3FE head. Nothing had to be replaced and they did everything including drilling, tapping and plugging the oil galley hole. 229usd.

The short block I am using has very little wear. They are using all quality parts. Before I discovered I needed flat top pistons the price was 500-500usd to toally go thru the short block and replace all bearing and rings and such. They tear it apart and put it back together for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom