Engine Problem - exhaust issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey all. wjo knows techstream well enought to tell me what my issue is? the engine lights are on and the car will randomly lose power and stall with weird electrical issues. i have replaced all of the air/fuel sensors (all 4). I have also replaced the spark plugs. i think the miss fire is happening after I try to restart after the stall. if i let the truck sit for 5 mins it will start back up and drive normal. Please HELP!
20201229_135414.jpg
20201229_135401.jpg
20201229_135332.jpg
20201229_135317.jpg
20201229_135238.jpg

PCV valve?

Fuel pump?

Vacuum leak?

How’s your volt meter on the gauge cluster during and before the engine stalls and dies?

Well the P0420/P0430 are bad exhaust/o2 sensors so that may be leading the truck to go into limp mode.

For the spark plug replacements, what did you use and where did you get them? On the two cylinders that are misfiring, try swapping in coil packs from a known good cylinder and see if the misfire moves. If it does then you may have a weak/bad coil pack.

Well the P0420/P0430 are bad exhaust/o2 sensors so that may be leading the truck to go into limp mode.

For the spark plug replacements, what did you use and where did you get them? On the two cylinders that are misfiring, try swapping in coil packs from a known good cylinder and see if the misfire moves. If it does then you may have a weak/bad coil pack.
i used Desno Iridium for the spark plugs. Im not sure how Incould possibly have bad sensors for the o2 since I just replaced all 4. Is it possible that I have a bad cat?

i used Desno Iridium for the spark plugs. Im not sure how Incould possibly have bad sensors for the o2 since I just replaced all 4. Is it possible that I have a bad cat?
Misfire could be throwing the o2 sensor codes. Are new sensors OE?

Misfire could be throwing the o2 sensor codes. Are new sensors OE?
yup. oe sensors too. I th8nk the misfires didnt register until after the stall when I tried to restart. What else could be causeing the O2 sensors to pop a code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom