engine hoist tonnage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yanked mine w/ a 2 ton prolly set at 1 ton- maybe 1 1/2...it's alot heavier than a SBC. The trans and transfer and hoist at 2 ton would prolly go. I had 10"poly tiers on my hoist when I pulled mine.

My HF engine lift lifted it without too much trouble. A bigger concern is being careful around it while it is up in the air.

Don't get less than 2 ton imo.

And get one with fold-up legs otherwise it will always be in the way.

Mine is an ac delco 2 ton and it picks up motor tranny and transfercase all together with ease and it foldable

A 2 ton shop crane works fine. The whole combo is close to 1000 pounds, so don't lift on the 1/2 ton setting. I used the 1 ton setting, did the lift and set it down immediately. Worked great.

I did my 2H H55F combo on a 1 ton at the 1/4 ton setting. I couldn't reach any other way! I know I know, it was a gamble, but I was very carefull and it went well. Talk about safety margins though!
Saving up for a 2ton btw!

I borrowed the AC Delco 2 ton and used it on the 1 ton extension. One thing I would have done differently is pull the pan while it is still in the truck where you can break the seal of the gasket with a 2x4 and a bottle jack against the frame. It was a bitch to get off when out of the truck and you don't need to lift the motor as high to clear the front crossmember with the pan off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom