Engine health review and check (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So tried to go to a shop for compression tests etc. and they asked me to sign a damage waver ?
They said in case we damage the engine we will not be responsible .....
I'm like wait what? its a compression test!!!
Unless i am missing something regarding those tests this is utter nonsense !!! its easier just to buy the equipment an do it myself :mad::mad::mad:

Is that some kind of waterless coolant, or mix of propylene glycol and water? Was the previous owner a computer gaming fanatic with a ton of CPU coolant laying around?

Also, what did you mean by a "wheezing" at startup?
I think its worn piston "things" that are attached to crankshaft ( i dont know the name so i attached a pic instead lol) This is what the mechanic said it sounded like (i did ask more than one)

I think its early stages as it only comes when the engine starts then its gone or very low, might be also low engine oil pressure. I'm almost not using the car at the moment until I remove the oil pan and see that part but i wanted to do the tests before hand.

piston thing.jpg

I think its worn piston "things" that are attached to crankshaft ( i dont know the name so i attached a pic instead lol) This is what the mechanic said it sounded like (i did ask more than one)

I think its early stages as it only comes when the engine starts then its gone or very low, might be also low engine oil pressure. I'm almost not using the car at the moment until I remove the oil pan and see that part but i wanted to do the tests before hand.

View attachment 3088152
That is a connecting rod.
You are thinking of rod bearings.
There are also main bearings that are very similar except there is a cap that holds the crankshaft to the block.

That is a connecting rod.
You are thinking of rod bearings.
There are also main bearings that are very similar except there is a cap that holds the crankshaft to the block.
Yes the sleeve (I am not familiar with the English terms apologies) and bearings basically the crankshaft connections.

I will need to drop the pan and inspect them for sure and I do hope the crankshaft is not effected else it means a deeper level of rebuild.

So any guide on how to do the tests on engine? I got the kit but haven't done it before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom