“ENGINE” fuse? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

Shake Hands with Danger
SILVER Star
Threads
I’m swapping a 3B into my FJ62.

The wiring aspect is getting the best of me.

Does anybody know what the “ENGINE” fuse is? What is it for?

Same thing for the fuse that says “POWER”

I’m trying to wire in my BJ60 harness into my FJ62 ignition - it’s difficult because I’m not sure where everything should go.

Any help is appreciated.

1997575A-7F70-487F-976C-A6A60733491E.jpeg

070F11E9-8CC4-4D83-A269-77B5DAC934F0.jpeg

- typically the Engine FUSE is the Black wire w/ Yellow Tracer Stripe ...

this may have changed color coded tracer strips between BJ60 and FJ62 , or maybe not i would have to see both EWD's ?

- does this make sense Padawan ?

- i may indeed have a BJ60 full on EWD , like the FOLD out 8 pages across your dining room table type , but i would need the TECH on the BJ60 domor harness you have , like exactly what modle year and destination market region it came from ?

- i also have the
FJ62LG-PNEK full on EWD too if you need it too ?

just say the word :)

- typically the Engine FUSE is the Black wire w/ Yellow Tracer Stripe ...

this may have changed color coded tracer strips between BJ60 and FJ62 , or maybe not i would have to see both EWD's ?

- does this make sense Padawan ?

- i may indeed have a BJ60 full on EWD , like the FOLD out 8 pages across your dining room table type , but i would need the TECH on the BJ60 domor harness you have , like exactly what modle year and destination market region it came from ?

- i also have the
FJ62LG-PNEK full on EWD too if you need it too ?

just say the word :)

Yes- you are right. It is black and has a yellow stripe - it goes to the ignition switch.

Now, I just want to know, what the point of the ENGINE fuse is? Because it doesn’t seem relevant to me.

Yes- you are right. It is black and has a yellow stripe - it goes to the ignition switch.

Now, I just want to know, what the point of the ENGINE fuse is? Because it doesn’t seem relevant to me.

ok ,

so BOTH the FJ62 stock wires your retaining and the BJ60 Donor harness BOTH have the Black
wire w/ Yellow tracer stripes as part of them correct ?
- i know my Canada spec. 5/88 FJ62LG-PNEK does , but ......

- just being thorough here , that's all

i do not know the BJ60 harness well like you i why i ask ?

- please reply back in detail to my question here below in yellow ink , then i can elaborate in detail

" Now, I just want to know, what the point of the ENGINE fuse is? Because it doesn’t seem relevant to me "

- oh what are the details on the BJ60 Donor harness ? and what year is it , any info here is very helpfull

ok ,

so BOTH the FJ62 stock wires your retaining and the BJ60 Donor harness BOTH have the Black
wire w/ Yellow tracer stripes as part of them correct ?
- i know my Canada spec. 5/88 FJ62LG-PNEK does , but ......

- just being thorough here , that's all

i do not know the BJ60 harness well like you i why i ask ?

- please reply back in detail to my question here below in yellow ink , then i can elaborate in detail

" Now, I just want to know, what the point of the ENGINE fuse is? Because it doesn’t seem relevant to me "

- oh what are the details on the BJ60 Donor harness ? and what year is it , any info here is very helpfull

Yes - both BJ & FJ harnesses have the ignition Black and Yellow striped wire.

Yes - both BJ & FJ harnesses have the ignition Black and Yellow striped wire.

On the BJ60 harness - the Black and yellow wire goes to the ignition switch and then to the fuse… however I need to find the other wire that goes into the ENGINE fuse.

It’s hard to explain… lemme see if I can get some more info on this to help.

On the BJ60 harness - the Black and yellow wire goes to the ignition switch and then to the fuse… however I need to find the other wire that goes into the ENGINE fuse.

It’s hard to explain… lemme see if I can get some more info on this to help.

the other wire engine fuse ,

one is the black w/ yellow out to all the KEY SWITCH ON position devices it controls and feeds B+ to

the other end should be the KEY SWITCH large 10ga , and that branches out feed the fuse side of all the black wire w. yellow tracer stripe does ,,,

Right ?

Donor harness is from a 1984 BJ60 and is being amalgamated with a 1989 fj62.

There isn’t a fuse for the power windows on the truck it only has a circuit breaker buried under the dash close to the fuse box.

On the BJ harness the black and yellow wire splits in a lot of directions… from the ignition switch to the glow plug timer… edic module… goes through the firewall presumably to a glow relay… is it safe to say that this circuit would go to the « engine » fuse?

What colour wire is on the other leg of this fuse? I can’t seem to locate any 10ga wire that goes onto the purported other side of the fuse from the black and yellow wire.

And I’m still not sure what the power circuit powers. I wish I paid a bit more attention to these 2 circuits when pulling things out of the BJ. A wiring diagram of these details would be a lifesaver as I’m running low on time and patience.

@ToyotaMatt

The truck is a Canadian BJ spec.

From what I have learned the ENGINE fuse is for the glow plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom