Engine dolly Pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
Anyone have a picture of a engine dolly, I am short on space, forklift and require something on wheels.

Thanks

i've got a large flat cart with industrial rollers that is big enough and sturdy enough for and entire drivetrain and everything else i can pile on it....my friend's dad made it.

go to the local shopping mart. "borrow" a metal shopping cart(you want the kind that have the basket in the bottom not just empty space. Cut the top part off. Put a piece of plywood over it. instant anything mover.

Stew

This is kinda mickey mouse, but I scooted my F's around the garage on a couple of these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92486
They're on sale every couple months for $14.00. The length of the dolly is perfect, and I cut a couple of pieces of 4x6 to fit under the front engine mounts to keep it level and fastened them to the dolly frame with 3/8 lag bolts. As long as the floor is smooth, it worked -and low CofG! You need an engine stand for bottom end work, though. I can send you a pic if you're interested.

Here's my solution for a crowded garage. Also practice for picture posting.

Mine is made up of two dollies similar to the one pictured above joined together with a plywood deck....
uni-strut makes it adjustable (and I don't have a welder yet). Its really sturdy and stable.

104696089.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom