1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine dolly Pics?

Discussion in 'Workshop and Home Improvement' started by Radd Cruisers, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Radd Cruisers

Radd Cruisers

Anyone have a picture of a engine dolly, I am short on space, forklift and require something on wheels.

Thanks

2. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    i've got a large flat cart with industrial rollers that is big enough and sturdy enough for and entire drivetrain and everything else i can pile on it....my friend's dad made it.

3. cruzer

cruzer

go to the local shopping mart. "borrow" a metal shopping cart(you want the kind that have the basket in the bottom not just empty space. Cut the top part off. Put a piece of plywood over it. instant anything mover.

Stew

4. jim45r

jim45r

This is kinda mickey mouse, but I scooted my F's around the garage on a couple of these:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92486
    They're on sale every couple months for $14.00. The length of the dolly is perfect, and I cut a couple of pieces of 4x6 to fit under the front engine mounts to keep it level and fastened them to the dolly frame with 3/8 lag bolts. As long as the floor is smooth, it worked -and low CofG! You need an engine stand for bottom end work, though. I can send you a pic if you're interested.

5. jim45r

jim45r

Here's my solution for a crowded garage. Also practice for picture posting.

6. BLKDOG40

BLKDOG40

Mine is made up of two dollies similar to the one pictured above joined together with a plywood deck....
    uni-strut makes it adjustable (and I don't have a welder yet). Its really sturdy and stable.

[​IMG]