engine differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking to get a core engine to rebuild for my 97, I found a 93 engine and according to the part numbers there will be some differences and I am wondering how or what differences there will be. All I want to end up with is a long block with front cover and associated parts, oil pan, oil cooler and thermostat housing. So what in any differences will there be?

If i remember right, the OBD2 95, to 97 engines have more sensors threaded into the head, and block then the OBD1, 93 to 94 engines did.

If i remember right, the OBD2 95, to 97 engines have more sensors threaded into the head, and block then the OBD1, 93 to 94 engines did.
Interesting I wonder if or how I could find out if all the threaded ports are actually there and they didn't use them or what could be done

Block is the same.

Need to pull the sensor gear from the 97 crank to install for the crank sensor
Need the oil pans for sensors
Need the timing cover for sensors.
No PAIR system on the 97 that 93-94's have. Not needed.
Exhaust manifolds, not sure.

Head is the same
Starter is the same

Block is the same.

Need to pull the sensor gear from the 97 crank to install for the crank sensor
Need the oil pans for sensors
Need the timing cover for sensors.
No PAIR system on the 97 that 93-94's have. Not needed.
Exhaust manifolds, not sure.

Head is the same
Starter is the same
Thanks that's just what I wanted to hear

Have been doing engine research recently for my Subaru, what I've learned is typically the biggest difference in engines in the same family, for example our 1FZ; is the heads. That's where the ECU comes in to play, sensors, timing all of that. Except for some newer engines, the short block, rotating assembly, is *typically* the same or negligible.

Have been doing engine research recently for my Subaru, what I've learned is typically the biggest difference in engines in the same family, for example our 1FZ; is the heads. That's where the ECU comes in to play, sensors, timing all of that. Except for some newer engines, the short block, rotating assembly, is *typically* the same or negligible.
Thanks I will try to dig a little deeper I just would like the 93 head to be able to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom