Engine cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How necessary is the plastic engine cover on 4.7? At first glance it appears to be decorative. I took mine off yesterday for some maintenance and am debating wether to put it back on or leave it off for access and easier inspection. Just want to make sure I am not missing an important purpose for the cover. Thanks in advance!

Not necessary. Mine came off 6 years ago and have not had any issues. One less piece to deal with during maintenance.

How necessary is the plastic engine cover on 4.7? At first glance it appears to be decorative. I took mine off yesterday for some maintenance and am debating wether to put it back on or leave it off for access and easier inspection. Just want to make sure I am not missing an important purpose for the cover. Thanks in advance!
Mice like it. They make nice nests underneath it. Toss it.

Like what others had mentioned, that cover was designed for sound insulation.

Mice like it. They make nice nests underneath it. Toss it.
That was one thing I discovered yesterday while changing the fan clutch out. Spent some time vacuuming out a pack rat nest (long story about the truck getting stuck and spending some time at the cabin) which got me to wondering about the necessity of it. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom