Engine Coolant Parts, Diff, Transfer, and Transmission Clean Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Fello Mudders,

I'm in the process of getting the LC a much needed clean up. I need help in parts and advice in parts I'm about to purchase. I have already purchased a whole skid plate from ASFIR I should be getting soon. I'm also getting most of the rust in the undercarriage scrapped and wired brushed, then I will apply black RP-342 2 coats in which I think should be sufficient. I took it to a well known mechanic in the neighborhood for whole check on the truck to ensure no critical issues. He pretty much told me this is the best he seen in the salt belt and asked if I kept it in a garage (If you would like to see the under carraige check out my post here on Ultimate Rust / Undercarriage Thread). Now onto the parts.

The LC currently has 72,000 Miles and I change the oil and filter every 3-5k Miles.

STEERING

Rack and Pin, wheel bearings, control arm are in good shape. I replaced the Rack and Pin with OEM a few years back no issues.

Exhaust Pipe

Replaced with a Borla Cat Back with a Walker cat converter in the mid section. I left the manifolds and CC's alone by the engine for now.

I plan on replacing the following with the parts below. I am buying some aftermarket parts from rock auto.

AISIN TKT-021 KIT

MITSUBOSHI 6PK2240 Belt

DNJ POWER STEERING PUMP - Seem's pretty good, let me know otherwise.

OEM TOYOTA BELT TENSIONER

OIL STRAINER with O RING - Debating whether or not to use OEM or another brand for the filter. I will use the FIPG Gasket sealant for the pan. Also let me know if its better to use the tube sealant or a whole transmission kit with the gasket supplied. I also need to get the gasket for the drain plug.

Thermostat and Gasket OEM - 90916-03100

Genuine Seal Packing (FIPG) 103 - 0029500103 or AISIN FBT-002

THO CAMSHAFT and CRANK SEALS

IDLER PULLEY
- Can I use anything for this? or does it have to be OEM. I heard some spacing issues between the pulley and the mount.

Fuel Filter 23300-50090 - OEM or aftermarket?

HEATER T and CLAMPS

Rock Auto Cart

Rock Auto Cart.png

I am still looking into getting the bearings and seals for the transfer case front and rear. Am I missing anything else here?

I will also replace any damaged hose and clamps where I see with just some auto zone stuff.

with any of the timing belt parts, i would just get OEM everything. Why take a chance on a simple idler pulley. My expereience with any non-oem toyota part is that they last about 1/4 the time that OEM parts do. Why risk doing the job again in a year or 2 to save $3?

The only things you should buy from Autozone are the fluids, IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom