engine code info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am new here and have a question. I picked up a 1974 FJ40 last summer and it came with a hole rusted out 1977 for parts. The engine was not in it but I have it. Now my 1974 should have a F code engine and it has a 3 speed tranny, I would think the other engine would be a 2F engine but the stamp on the engine is F-330835. I do not see a "2" in it but it is much different from the engine in the 1974. Can anyone tell me what this engine is so I can look into rebuilding it to install it?
Thanks
Docweld

pics of both

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

witch one is the better one? The one in the running 74 seems to loss oil pressure after it warms up as per the gage. also I want to swop out the 4 speed out of the 77 but it has an extra leaver on the tranny/transfur on it, have you ever seen that? shifter,2/4 wheel shifter and an extra one.

I dont see a four speed transmission...

I have not pulled it out of the 77 parts one. I may be able to take a pic of the extra lever if that would help?

if there is no engine in the 77, it would be hard to have the trans still in.

i would check the oil pressure in the F.5 before fully trusting an old pressure sending is telling you the truth.

Well, I feel like an idiot now. right before you said that I figured that out. how could there be a tranny on this engine out of it but a tranny still in it...... Thanks
so the engine in the running 74 is the f.5 and a better engine so I should just fix the oil pressure issue but what about the extra shifter lever in the 77?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom