Engine Bay - Mystery Clip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Slowly working my way through a frame off resto, and getting all the chassis and engine cleaned up...need to start a dedicated thread there, but behind the ball.

I was pretty good on bagging and tagging, but ended up with one rogue hose (or wire) clip, likely from the passenger fender area. It's similar in size to the hose clip for overflow bottle on the radiator, but slanted/angled.

Any ideas what it might be from?

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 7.04.45 PM.png

Slowly working my way through a frame off resto, and getting all the chassis and engine cleaned up...need to start a dedicated thread there, but behind the ball.

I was pretty good on bagging and tagging, but ended up with one rogue hose (or wire) clip, likely from the passenger fender area. It's similar in size to the hose clip for overflow bottle on the radiator, but slanted/angled.

Any ideas what it might be from?

View attachment 2543463

Possibly speedometer cable hanger #90461-08008 at the transfer case?

1609737123674.png

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's indeed from the speedo cable - likely was a straggler from initial disassembly and was from during engine degreasiing. Will chase that trail through my disassembly photos, I'm sure it's in there.

Thanks for the help on the easter egg hunt...

I didn't see any mention of year? I actually have that very clip off my truck that S.CarolinaFZJ8 is referring to. I don't think thats what you have.

I didn't see any mention of year? I actually have that very clip off my truck that S.CarolinaFZJ8 is referring to. I don't think thats what you have.
Mine is a '76MY, with a 11/75 build date. I haven't found the clip in any of my photos yet, but I'm pretty sure it's from the firewall area on the passenger side, near the starter. It's interesting how the clip part had a slant/skew, probably 30* off of square.

It's definitely different from your 79, as the speedo cable comes up the passenger side to the emissions counter/timer box before heading across to the dash.

Correction, just in case anyone else finds this thread down the road - that clip was still on the tray (I thought the tray was stripped, but it was still there).

Same area though - pretty sure it clips the speedo cable as it slopes up to run up to the EGR counter box.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.45.36 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom