Engine bay accessory mount/tray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I searched a bit but came up empty. Does anyone know of a good product/idea for an engine bay accessory mount/tray?

I have a remote winch controller that I need to mount, and due to wires coming out both sides it limits my options.

I saw this online, which is the area that I am targeting. Has anyone else seen something similar/better for this area of the engine bay?

If you know of a thread that covers this, please recommend it to me. Thanks!
EngineBayMount.jpg

If you are going to put a dual battery set up in sometime in the future, then that's where the washer bottle typically gets moved to. Slee makes a nice bracket for that spot. Also, your cruise control actuator lives over there.

Yeah thanks. I might do a dual battery thus why I am not using that space up by the radiator. I would probably go with a real small washer bottle that I could stuff somewhere else or that might even sit on/around this tray. Dorman makes a bottle that I like that is what I will most likely use...

DormanWasherBottle.jpg

Look at mounting it on top of the cruise control box.

Or behind the grill?

Look at mounting it on top of the cruise control box.

Or behind the grill?
Good suggestion, but I am V8 swapped (cant restrict airflow) and deleted the CC box. Also the stupid warn controller has thick cables coming out 2 sides of the box. Its so dumb.

Good suggestion, but I am V8 swapped (cant restrict airflow) and deleted the CC box. Also the stupid warn controller has thick cables coming out 2 sides of the box. Its so dumb.
I’m swapped also and deleted the cruise control hardware. I kept the brackets and the cover specifically to mount stuff too. You could use those same threaded holes to fab something or snag the brackets and cover from a part out thread. Anyway, I don’t think you’d affect engine cooling capability much with it behind the grill. Putting it so far under the hood is going to be a bunch of heavy gauge wire to route. BTDT.

there's always the option depending on the bumper you have to put a lid on the top of the bumper to one side of the winch, keep your controls in there. It's been done on some of the expedition built rigs. I've debated on modifying my ARB to add them to both sides so I can store the winch controls and related small equipment.

Totally possible but the bumper looks totally clean and sleek so I am favoring hiding it. I could possibly use the slee double compressor mount to put it up front by the second battery location but am thinking back by the cowl will have more space and also allow me to use up the 6’ of wiring.

Just wanted to see what interesting creations were out there before I fab a mount similar to the earlier post #3.

Two weeks until I dive in so this thread has a bit more soak-time :)

might be helpful if you post a pic of the control unit your wanting to mount. Warn has different types.

Find a license plate bracket from a metal tech front bumper (we have a few of these sitting around at the shop). Drill holes in both the bracket and the core support crossmember, install nutserts into bracket and then find two small bolts for mounting, drill holes for mounting winch control assembly to the bracket and bolt them together into an assembly, mount winch control box directly in front of the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom