1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy Suspension Body Mounts

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by reservefj40, Feb 23, 2007.

1. reservefj40

reservefj40

I need new body mounts for my 02/79 FJ40. My Heritage 3/4 tub comes in around mid march.

I did a search on here and a lot of people seem to like the kit from energy suspension, but they all seem to be 79 or earlier FJ's. Anyone tried these on a 79 or newer application? If so, how did they work?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. reservefj40

reservefj40

Okay,

Since no replies - What body mount kit has anyone used for a 79+ FJ40. There are alot of threads about body mount kits, but most of them are for 78 and earlier. I was looking for a good kit that someone has experience with. My top 2 are Energy Suspension from Summit and the kit from CCOT. Any input would be appreciated.

3. John Smith

John Smith In the garage

Media:
    Albums:
    If Summit sells an Energy Suspension kit for 79 and later that is what I would use. If not I would call up TLC and have them ship me whatever they use for their restos when they ship your tub.

4. Josie'sLandCruiser

Josie'sLandCruiser Stop calling it a "FJ."

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi All:

I used the Energy Suspension poly body mount replacements on my 1974 FJ40 during the rear 2/3s body tub swap. The mounts and hardware seemed real good.

Have no idea what the 1979+ 40 Series body mounts are like, but I'd imagine the Energy Suspension kit for these rigs will work well.

Ifyou are really concerned than contact Spector Off-Road for their recommendation.

Good luck!

Alan

5. okie

okie

they probably work the same. I bought mine for the early years but the later models look like they are round. Energy makes a great product.

p.s. your local parts suplier would be the cheapest place to get it at. I got mine at my local monument auto parts store here in the bay area for 118 out the door. great price for poly.

6. Coolerman

Coolerman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Summit also carries the Energy Suspension kits for $99.

7. reservefj40

reservefj40

Thanks guys,

I'll check my local autoparts store at lunch. If they don't have it then I'll order the one from summit.