Energy Suspension Body Mounts

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by reservefj40, Feb 23, 2007.

1. reservefj40

reservefj40

I need new body mounts for my 02/79 FJ40. My Heritage 3/4 tub comes in around mid march.

I did a search on here and a lot of people seem to like the kit from energy suspension, but they all seem to be 79 or earlier FJ's. Anyone tried these on a 79 or newer application? If so, how did they work?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. reservefj40

reservefj40

Okay,

Since no replies - What body mount kit has anyone used for a 79+ FJ40. There are alot of threads about body mount kits, but most of them are for 78 and earlier. I was looking for a good kit that someone has experience with. My top 2 are Energy Suspension from Summit and the kit from CCOT. Any input would be appreciated.

3. John Smith

John Smith In the garage

Media:
    Albums:
    If Summit sells an Energy Suspension kit for 79 and later that is what I would use. If not I would call up TLC and have them ship me whatever they use for their restos when they ship your tub.

4. Josie'sLandCruiser

Josie'sLandCruiser Stop calling it a "FJ."

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi All:

I used the Energy Suspension poly body mount replacements on my 1974 FJ40 during the rear 2/3s body tub swap. The mounts and hardware seemed real good.

Have no idea what the 1979+ 40 Series body mounts are like, but I'd imagine the Energy Suspension kit for these rigs will work well.

Ifyou are really concerned than contact Spector Off-Road for their recommendation.

Good luck!

Alan

5. okie

okie

they probably work the same. I bought mine for the early years but the later models look like they are round. Energy makes a great product.

p.s. your local parts suplier would be the cheapest place to get it at. I got mine at my local monument auto parts store here in the bay area for 118 out the door. great price for poly.

6. Coolerman

Coolerman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Summit also carries the Energy Suspension kits for $99.

7. reservefj40

reservefj40

Thanks guys,

I'll check my local autoparts store at lunch. If they don't have it then I'll order the one from summit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.