Energy Suspension body mount kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and read about the ES body mount kits prior to purchasing the kit.

The '77 I'm rebuilding had a body lift on it and I wanted to bring it back down. Figured the ES kit was the way to go.

Now that I have it in hand I've noticed that it includes all the mounts EXCEPT for the front bib in the center.

Since I'm removing a 3" body lift I'm in need of something to go there and kind of figured that would be included in the ES kit.

Instead it seems to be the only piece missing and there's no mention of that bushing in the instructions.

Anyone have an answer/idea for why the ES kits don't include that piece? :confused:

There is no body mount for the bib, it bolts directly to the frame. :)

Cool, thanks.

I wondered about that, but figured something would go between them to prevent metal on metal rubbing.

What I have on mine (which I assume is factory) is a thin piece of braided cloth looking stuff (same as the meterial under the radiator mounts).

It is about 1/8" thick.

I would assume you could make yourself something to eliminate the contact very easily.

Chuck

It doesn't actually mount straight to the cross member of the frame... As mentioned above, it has a piece of braided cloth that is between 1/8 - 3/16" from the factory. I have seen guys use a piece of rubber (like a piece if conveyor belt) in there on some resto's and they put caulk down on both sides before they mount it up to keep moisture out. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom