Ends of the Earth - Hurricane Sandy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will do boss! Want me to pic a few good ones to send, or zip a folder of all of them?

Pick a few good ones. Make sure you give me names for captions. Thanks man!

Close, but not quite. :)

Sent and should be waiting in your mailbox. Unless the govt firewall blocks mail from known gun-toting nutball hillbillies :hillbilly:

Let me know if you need anything else!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

SportsMEDIA isn't the gubment, but if our firewall did block mail from gun-toting nutball hillbillies, I'd never get anything done! :grinpimp:

I know, guess I just carried the fort knox email gag too long :). I'll have the new truck checked for CO leaks right away!

I sent Larry's pics too. I can't help too much with captions on that, except for what seems obvious.
Hope it all helps! Can't wait to read it :cool:

:lol: You guys crack me up.

Allen, if you need help, I'm here to do whatever I can.

I know it's been a long time, especially to resurrect this old thread :).
Wanted to let y'all know that I was going to be talking about ONSC and this trip at Overland Expo East in a few weeks. I wrote a proposal to present about taking disaster and medical relief trips and they liked the idea. Apparently I'll be moderating a round table about overlanding and humanitarianism or something like that Friday afternoon (10/3). But the main presentation will be Saturday morning in their big "Overland Theater."
The Sandy trip and all the stuff you guys pulled together for the trip will be a prominent part of the presentation...cuz you guys kicked ass.

Cool, thanks! It's bloody expensive for the whole shebang, but I think weekend or day passes aren't too bad. My presentation on Sat morning is one that doesn't cost extra beyond the day pass admission.

As an example of what a club can do I'll be using the story about all that the club did on it's own to get everything (listed thru this whole thread) going. Basically a brief recount of the story Allen wrote in TT with some pictures from Mr Casale :).

If anyone decides to come, that would be great. If not, wanted everyone to know if be talking up the club at the expo :).
I had a flight a couple months ago before I quit my travel job and took the TT mag with the Sandy story for something to read. I had forgotten about all the neat stories that came out of different folks collecting stuff from their workplaces. Probably had a smile one my face the entire flight :).
Cheers!

Good on you for doing this.

Wish I could make that event but as you said it is awfully $$$$

I was going to do the day pass but was told that the parking lot and vendors areas are the only places I could go with that and everything else is off limits

Last edited:
I'll check again, but there are slideshows, round tables, and some other events that come with day passes. I'll double check and post.

WEEKEND AND ONE-DAY PASSES
Weekend Passes and Weekend Camping Access are now on sale. You will be able to enjoy the vendors/exhibitors, all demos, slideshows and films, and are welcome to join happy hours. (One-day passes will be available at the gate only, for Sunday ($10/person or $15/family) or Saturday ($25/$40)
Buy Weekend Pass and camping now >

I'll look thru the list of actual stuff that includes as far as the slideshows, films,...
I know everything I'm involved in, my disaster trip presentation (slideshow), and the round table I am moderating and the one I'm a panelist on (continental US travel q&a) are included for the day pass. They said they specifically chose to make my presentation a slide show so everyone there was able to see it.
I'm not saying you should go just to see my crap :). But I know there are a number of things available at the cheaper rate. Let me look again and see what is listed as far as titles.

That's what it looks like to me. Might want to check with them to be sure as I've never been to one. I would guess there is an info email address somewhere on the website?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom