Endless Bubbles during power steering bleed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help!

I replaced my power steering pump (new OEM), high pressure line (new OEM), and retrun lines, put it up on jackstands and started to bleed out the system but it seems like the fluid wont clear up!

I've left off the return line that goes to the res., plugged up the bottom of the the res. and routed the return line to a clear plactic bottle. Before the res. goes dry I fill it back up again (5-10 seconds of cranking the wheel from stop to stop with the engine running at 800 RPM). After 2 quarts of ATF there is still ALOT of bubbles comming from the return line!

What am I doing wrong?
Toad

Nevrmind I got it.

I was just letting too much fluid out and reintroducing air into the system each time.

Over fill it and put the cap on real tight with the engine running. As soon as you turn the key off, the fluid will rocket out the little vent hole. :D

I bet I cleared 30 feet last time. Might not work on a 60 though, have to have a vent hole...

Toad, tell us what a pump sells for these days, wouldya?

i got a re-built oem pump from the local napa guy for 199.00 leass the core. but that was aftert two aftermarker duds. i KNOW it would have been more, but for all my miserey, he just exchanged it.
good guys at the Advantage Auto Parts,
Speedwell Ave.
Morris Plains nj

crawlin60 said:
Toad, tell us what a pump sells for these days, wouldya?

Got it from CDan for $309 INCL SHIPPING!!
The HP hose was another 100 (ouch). The pump is quiet and best of all its really shiny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom