empty harness plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I have been disassembling and reassembling different components in my FJ62 over the past few months, it started occurring to me that between my daily driver FJ62 and this one I am refreshing I have noticed multiple different body harness plugs that are just laying there and not used. They are pinned with wires, but nothing plugged in the other side.
So far I have noticed these on both front fender areas.
One in drivers kick panel and one in drivers rear quarter. I think there have been others, but these are on my mind. Mainly the one in the drivers kick panel. Should I continue to search for the other end to this plug, or is there simply nothing to plug in as if there were an optional feature that could be ordered in the vehicle or maybe another country would have used it for something. Pics attached of some of these plugs.
What do you guys/gals think? Anyone else see these ever or come across these empty plugs?
Drivers kick panel has empty plug? No clue
Drivers Kick plug.jpg

This pic was shot down between my battery and front R fender basically resting on the front of the wheel well, white plug
R Side Quarter panel by batt.jpg

Same place as Right side but on the left and this time a blue plug
Lside Hood plug.jpg

Last mystery plug I have seen is this one in rear quarter on the harness behind the speaker hole
Lside R Speaker hole plug.jpg

in general, different regional trucks got different stuff. I don't know specifically about the FJ62, but my FJ60 had a plug for an electric antenna (which was not offered in the US), some have plugs for inclinometers, etc.

Pretty much what I'm thinking, but not knowing what was or should be if at all plugged into these spots has me wondering. Did someone bypass something at some point that I can fix or just leave the plugs alone until I find something not working the way it should?
Just figured I throw this question with pics out there and see if anyone sees anything not right, or.. hey this should be plugged in there, etc.

They're just unused plugs for accessories that never came on USA cruisers. Ignore them.

I found a similar thing with my 62. It does not have power windows or locks. So I am guessing that some of these plugs and wiring were put in place and never used.

They're just unused plugs for accessories that never came on USA cruisers. Ignore them.
This is music to my ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom