1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

employee discount, except Toyota

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by LukeO, Jul 29, 2005.

1. LukeO

LukeO

It seems like almost every auto manufacturer is offering employee discounts on new cars except for Toyota.

2. aamiggia

aamiggia

Or Honda.

Those are the quality builders. If you what a so-so Japanese vehicle, I think Nissan has the discounts.

3. phishtaco

phishtaco Cincinnati

My father in law works for Toyota and he can usually get a better deal than using his discount.

4. trainrech

trainrech

Just consider what a 5 year old Suburban is worth versus my 5 year old 100. Be careful what you wish for...

5. tucker74

tucker74 Moderator

That's becuase they're still selling cars and making money - the "big 3" are loosing their arse!

Tucker

6. informationjunky

informationjunky

Albums:
    Paper stated that toyota was looking at a price increase for some models next year.

7. firetruck41

firetruck41

The domestic car values are crap, because of "discounts" like that, the cars they say are worth 40k MSRP can be bought for 25-30k after discounts, at certain times. How pissed would you be if you paid retail when all the discounts weren't available, and then saw your brand new car depreciate 50+% in one year just because of the discounts others are getting.

Toyota actually has value in their vehicles, so they don't need to bribe people to buy them, which is fine with me. :)

8. 2badfjs

2badfjs

thats funny,
    we had a guy call us the other day and ask if we are selling parts at employee cost,hahahahahahahahahahahahaha NO!!!
    his response was...how come the other mfg's are doing it, havent you seen the advertisments?

i dont think the big3 are the big3 anymore :doh:

9. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    I am just waiting, pretty soon all the domestics makers will be giving away free cars.....hell they might even pay ya to take em ;)

10. xjnation

xjnation

Albums:
    I heard Totota is # 3 now. They just passed Dahmler Chrysler.

11. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Yep. Not all "big" car makers are doing it. Just the big three DOMESTIC ones are.

GM ends their promotion on Monday, for those of you who have the need to go throw some money away.

12. mabrodis

mabrodis

I posted an article a month or so ago that stated how the "employee discount" was saving people about $500 on a vehicle over the rebates and incentives GM was already offering at the time. So the "employee pricing" was far more about marketing than actual savings, it's a nifty keyword to throw out there. Just from hearing it in commercials I already knew it was mostly BS. A big reason why I knew that is I know normal employees at most car companies do not get a awesome discount, if they did, they would be buying cars right and left and reselling them and bringing part of the market down, so I knew their 'discount' was mostly smoke and mirrors, and sure enough it is.

What's so funny about it is since you can find $40K vehicles for $25K-30K after rebates and such it devalues the brand even more, yet that is the exact issue some GM folks are saying is bad, they are saying that their brand is being devalued...yet they are the ones devaluing it.. :rolleyes: :confused:

13. Rugster

Rugster

Getting back to reality... The main cause of the discounts is the rising cost of fuel..

The big 3's main source of sales were pickups and SUVs... They have to discount the gas hogs to move them..

I'll bet GM sells more Big SUV's in a day as opposed to the numbers of LCs and LXs sold in a year...

14. trainrech

trainrech

It'll soon be like printers. Buy the printer for $20, spend $80 on replacement ink.

Buy the Chevy for $20, spend $1000 on the serpentine belt...

15. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Yep - we've got to local Nissan dealerships advertising 'employee pricing'. I don't think it's a Nissan corporate deal tho. Wasn't listing to the commercial as I usually tune them out. I think it may be on 'certain models only', like the ones you don't want, but they need to move. Only perked up slightly as wife is interested in the 350Z. Still have a couple of months left on the Lexus lease. It's about break even now on lease buyout and trade in value. Want to get rid of it before it hits 30K and have to do that $$$$$$$$$$$$$ service at Lexus and just give them the damn car back a month afterward.

16. Biff

Biff

Lately I've been eyeing the Dodge Power Waggon, they are practically giving them away. That is the only American rig I would consider.

17. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

You buy a Dodge and we'll ban you from the board Victor! :flipoff2:

18. Biff

Biff

Have you seen this thing, its beautiful-fr/rr lockers, factory winch, 33s, 4:56 gears. The rig draws you in. Doesn't matter though, my wife would never fall for me selling her lexus and getting this in its place. But I can dream

19. cruiserman

cruiserman

Power Wagon is well outfitted, but I wish it didn't look like a regular 3/4 ton Ram. I was hoping they were going to build the concept rig. I also wish it had a diesel.

20. Biff

Biff

I saw the concept vehicle and it looked great. I know what you mean about looking like a RAM, thats the only thing I didnt like about it.