emisson testing the AZ need some help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I have a TBI conversion completed, obd, check engine light, o2, all that stuff. I still have my carcole canister hooked up to proper ports in intake man. smog pump deveined, and small plugs where air injection was. Very clean set up. I just get my head back from the shop and looks like I will be rocking some more power. Thats all good but I have no Idea hao to sneek all this by the emission test. the pipe test, and can test will go good. I am more concerned about the visual inspection. Anyone gone through this before. I was trying to figure out how to register the 60 as a classic hoping that would make me exempt but couldn't get any info about it.. If you can HELP?? Tired of my girl just sitting there ready to go. ha ha

not sure?

wasn't somebody saying something about no visual inspections on our older vehicles?

That would be awsome, but most people i've talk to say they look the egr and canister. I have the canister but no egr.
Atill unsure?

thanks

It really depends who you get. Last time I was in I still got a visual But in your case the visual probably won't be an issue at all. There going to look for the canister and that you have smog legal exhaust. There not going to care about whats sitting on top of the exhaust from my experience.

Hope my header doesn't throw up a flag. I guess I'm just going to go for it, hopfully have the head back on this weekend and off emissions we go. Thanks guys

No testing out this way... some how I have sneaked by where ever I have lived. when I moved to AZ I was concerned but I live out of the metro area ( a long way) they even test if you live out the area and commute/work into the PHX metro area.. What are the cutoff dates for older cars?

The header will give you more trouble than the tbi. I still doubt you will have an issue. I did a full motor swap drove in with everything in order they opened the hood looked a little confused, saw the automatic looked even more confused then they just hooked it up and ran the test and I was good to go. I did have stock smog legal exhaust manifolds and all emissions equipment in working order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom