Emission tube #3 de smogged 2f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While i have the fuel tank out, i started trying to get all the loose rust off and converted/covered. The no.3 emmision pipe has extensive rust on the outside, doesn't look to difficult to bend a new one if needed.
20210404_205617.jpg
My question regards its interaction with the charcoal canister. In my searching it looks lime this hooks up directly to it.
Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 06.22.21.png
But the PO desmogged this 2f and there is no can to be found. Does that make this part obsolete. Or should i fnd an aftermarket one to put in the non existant cans place?
20210301_084804.jpg

While i have the fuel tank out, i started trying to get all the loose rust off and converted/covered. The no.3 emmision pipe has extensive rust on the outside, doesn't look to difficult to bend a new one if needed.View attachment 2635719 My question regards its interaction with the charcoal canister. In my searching it looks lime this hooks up directly to it.View attachment 2635935 But the PO desmogged this 2f and there is no can to be found. Does that make this part obsolete. Or should i fnd an aftermarket one to put in the non existant cans place?View attachment 2635936
Your gonna need a lot of smog stuff if the lines are all ripped out already.

May be easier to find a parts rig and park them side by side and go one piece at a time

The gas tank EVAP system, when it worked, held gasoline vapors from the tank at pressure. Low pressure. The vapors were led to the charcoal canister.
If you no longer have a charcoal canister and don't want to install one, that rusted vapor pipe you have has no purpose.

I have those tubes if you need them?
I am getting ready to have the scrap metal guy pick up what’s left of this 60 series. I have them.
let me know before I get rid of it.

I was going to make this tube up today. Thanks for the photo of it. Mine is also extremely rusted.
If you need any measurements, or close ups let me know.
The gas tank EVAP system, when it worked, held gasoline vapors from the tank at pressure. Low pressure. The vapors were led to the charcoal canister.
If you no longer have a charcoal canister and don't want to install one, that rusted vapor pipe you have has no purpose.
This is the info i needed, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom