Emission Standard in Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone.. long time since I've been on. The piggie has been down for some time now but I have decided to revive her for my move to Colorado. I am going to be installing a 350 tbi in her in a week or so.

Issue and concern I have is that I will also be moving to colorado in 3 weeks and got to thinking... Montana doesn't have emission testing and I am not sure how colorado works with older vehicles. I got to researching it and was wondering what I need to do and how hard its gonna be to get it passed there when I tag and title it. Saw something on titling it as an antique but not sure how that all works.

I know a few of you guys own pigs in colorado, so what the deal there?

Thanks in advance!

I just got my Pig registered here in CO...extremely easy for my '74.
Register it as an antique vehicle, buy the antique plates for 5 years, no smog check.

Sweet! Thanks Pighead, always a wealth of knowledge!

So it doesnt matter if you've done a swap?

as long as it's 1975 or earlier, it doesn't matter. but get the collectors plates as soon as you can, they tend to change the laws to suit their needs every few years :mad: law used to be anything 25 years or older.

I did a motor swap on my 67 Mustang, all I had to do was take it down, had them verify the swap, then get tailpipe emissions. That was under the old law.

First stop should be the DMV, tranfer the titles to colorado, they will tell you if you need emissions, as it depends on where exactly you live in this fine state. Then definately get the 5 year plates.

I did a motor swap on my 67 Mustang, all I had to do was take it down, had them verify the swap, then get tailpipe emissions. That was under the old law.

First stop should be the DMV, tranfer the titles to colorado, they will tell you if you need emissions, as it depends on where exactly you live in this fine state. Then definately get the 5 year plates.

you no longer have to do the tailpipe emissions on 75 and older rigs. take proof of insurance and your title to dmv and get plates and new title...done :)

You're leaving Montana?!?!?!

You know you can't change your screen name, right?

Yep leaving and Damn... Pighead has a point there.

where are you moving to? denver area? if so, we'll have a decent influx of pig.

Yep Aurora area to be exact.

Funny, me & Ige work in Aurora...

That is funny. I guess I'll get to meet some pig lovers at some point. Nice

sorry you're moving to aurora tho...lived there twice...hated both times. watch your neighborhoods there. far east or far south are better, northwest and central are the make sure your valuables are locked up and you have a good insurance policy areas.

Hey nuc, where would you live given the choice? I don't mind drives and I'll have a company vehicle so really any location is open at the moment. Found a few nice places around the soutlands area. Bad news as of late but decent area it seems.

I'm flying down there to look for homes tomorrow until Tuesday... So if there is a better place for me to look then I'd love to know. If either of you know where a good rental is, let me know that too. Thanks guys

no clue on rentals, never had to look for one, but if i hear of one, i'll make note. parker/elizabeth/franktown area is great if it's not too far away or too expensive...larger open lots, great for barns, extra cruiser collections :D

broomfield is where i would go if i could afford it, but i'm dirt poor, so i live in north denver area (mexico). i would definitely stay away from subdivisions because i find most hoa's to be very anti american and i hate cookie cutter homes.

brighton also has some nice areas too...another old farm/horse area (like parker/elizabeth/franktown area).

all are easily accessible with highways. parker area will have most traffic. broomfield depends on if you access via i-25 or i-36 (1-36 can suck, i-25 north of 104th isn't bad) brighton will depend on where you're coming from also, if aurora area, tower rd/pena would be your way home.

we'll be home all weekend if you get sick of house shopping, stop by. i'll pm ya my phone no's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom