EMI Certifiction...??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what EMI certification in service history indicates? I found a car I am interested in and last two records indicate "Customer requested EMI certification".
Both records 100 miles apart from each other.

Looking at LX570

Does anyone know what EMI certification in service history indicates? I found a car I am interested in and last two records indicate "Customer requested EMI certification".
Both records 100 miles apart from each other.

Looking at LX570

I'll bet the customer who requested that wore an aluminum foil hat...

6421659057_aa731ba075_z_zps7818b7c5.jpg

I would say emissions but since there are two within 100 miles, no idea.

EMI stands for ElectroMagnetic Interference - called RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) when in the radio spectrum.

HTH

Yep, that’s exactly what I was able to find with some Google fu.
But it was just to crazy to be true.

Other history records indicated owner has issues with car shackling - tech found 4lo was engaged and on other occasion check engine light because of fuel cap.

Sounds like been driven by soccer mom, maybe even antivaxer

Sometimes you can fix crazy, but you most certainly can’t fix stupid. Hopefully the wear and tear due to the apparently crazy and stupid former owner can be fixed.

Sometimes you can fix crazy, but you most certainly can’t fix stupid. Hopefully the wear and tear due to the apparently crazy and stupid former owner can be fixed.
Definitely crazy to wear the foil hart, especially stupid to put it on with the shiny side facing outward. See below...:bang:

I'll bet the customer who requested that wore an aluminum foil hat...

6421659057_aa731ba075_z_zps7818b7c5.jpg

You could call the dealer listed next to the service entry. Provide them the VIN and they may be able to give some definitive info.

I've heard stories of vehicles (not specifically LCs) which can have issues when they are used near high RF emitters like cell/antenna sites. Electronics going crazy and resetting and engines shutting off due to an ECU going crazy. I think this was more common in 80s vehicles with little or no RF shielding... nowadays most manufacturers shield their ECUs. Maybe they had some issues with the vehicle cutting out or lights flashing and were trying to track down RF interference as a possible cause.

Cosmic interference is actually more common than you'd think

https://science.slashdot.org/story/...omputer-glitches-can-be-caused-by-cosmic-rays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom