Emergency Help-Downed 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Got a buddy who contacted me. He is traveling from Houston to Durango and his 4Runner overheated and messed the engine. I don't know any more other than I think it is an 96 Runner.

He's in Santa Rosa and is trying to get to ABQ. What are the best shops for him to take it to when he gets there?

I found this in the FAQS:

"Engine rebuild

Budlong Motorsports -
Todd Budlong
9900 Trumbull Av S E, Albuquerque, NM, 87123
(505) 275-3996

Todd has done some work for Robbie, myself and Pappy. He does good work.

Edwards Engines Inc
1601 2nd St NW, Albuquerque, NM, 87102
(505) 247-8821"

Thanks for the help,

Graham

Toyomasters 505-445-2604
ABQ quality auto care ‭(505) 433-2448‬
Does he need a rescue? I might be able to get away to haul him
I’m not online much this afternoon best to text/call 425-314-1501

I just forwarded this thread to my buddy, Jay. I think he's going to call Dumpolina. Dumpolina is wicked cool to offer a tow, by the way. See if it works out for the both of you. Mud always rocks!

G

I too have had good luck with toyomasters.

Edward's Engines is awesome! I had them do my head, block, and also source my JE pistons and head gasket. They also straightened out my crank after I bent it. They engines been going strong for 20k miles or so since. They just take awhile, but I still wouldn't take my stuff anywhere else. If he can do most of the work himself I would urge him to go to those guys.

Edward's Engines is awesome! ...They just take awhile ...

Truth. They do good work. Just don't be in a hurry. They are probably also the most expensive of the shops in town. But, like they say, you get what you pay for.

Exactly! My family and I have been taking engine components to them ever since I could walk and we have had nothing but good results with their work. They do take forever though. They had my block for 6 months and they had my crank and head for almost 8. I hated waiting but it was worth it. And pricey is right! It added up to about 6k for everything.

So what happened?

I think the rig is still in santa rosa, and he's weighing options on doing the motor or finding a substitute for the short term

It's still in Santa Rosa. The cost to repair is much more than the truck is even worth. Anybody want to buy it for parts?

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom